I hope it's April Fools! at Goolge.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimb0b

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Yeah i know,its not april and were not in kansas anymore but i just wanted to add something.

It probably had something to do with the mayor of topeka trying to get attention from google to install their 1gps fiber optic in by unofficially changing the city's name to google.That and googles senior software engineer is from chanute and the director of engineering of google earth being from lawrence ks.If you have the windows version of google earth,open it up and zoom all the way in.The default location will take you to lawrence.The mac version will take you to chanute,or so i hear.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Jimbob, you realize where you are right?

im pretty sure we all know the deal, as toms did actually do an article on it. certainly no need to res a thread to share info we could have googled for.

jimb0b

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010

I have a better question.Do you really think i would have posted if i had known there was an article on it?

From what little i read about it,there seemed to be a lot of confusion.This was just something i thought i would share for any passers by that might read this.Im sorry if me trying inform people annoyed you but you have to realize,not everybody is on here every day so theres a good chance that we might miss some things.

Also,if you felt my post was irrelevant,sending a pm would probably be a better way to go about it.

?? This thread is barely 3 months old - hardly beginning to stink, let alone necro like some of those 8 or 10-yr-old threads :p.

Plus, it'll be relevant once again in about 9 months! :D

jimb0b

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010

:cry: I can understand if i invited myself to join an old conversation but i didnt.I didnt even ask a question,i was making a statement.There was no need to reply to someone who simply posted a little extra info.

Lets leave it alone before the real gestapo find us.

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

How Do you know? Maybe google bought kansas topeka, they have a price of $450 dollars a share! maybe thats where google is based in terms of operation!

Status
Not open for further replies.