Question I installed a new gpu and now my pc crashes about 10 seconds into boot up, please help

Jul 20, 2019
So I have an old rebuilt pc, it has an e8400 core 2 duo,3gb ram soon to be more, 450w power supply, SSD boot drive, hd back up HD and I had a gt710 by MSI, I deleted the previous drivers with the DDI software and I proceeded into installing my new gt1030, now I'm having suspicions that it is the power supply and the fact that it is only 450w, may i add that i have an nzxth500 pc case with 3 fans, 2 front and 1 rear and a led light strip, after booting up about 10 seconds in it turns off then if I turn it back on then it will not crash and i can use it but I don't feel safe using the pc unless I get a new PSU. Could anyone help me find ut what the issue is as I need to know fast because I would like to use the gpu?

thanks
Jack

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
A typical 450W should supply way more than a GT1030 ever needs. ANd the power consumption between the 710 and 1030 is minimal. A good quality 300W runs a 1030 easily.

Don't get me wrong, if it is a bad quality PSU, you will want to upgrade anyway (what make and model is it?).
But if the PSU runs a 710 fine, it should run a 1030 fine. It could be PSU, it just seems less likely.

Does the issue go away if you install the old GPU back in?
Is the 1030 new or used?
Have you monitored CPU and GPU temps?

Jul 20, 2019
Thank you for writing back, it is a Corsair 450w and yes the problem goes away when I put the gt710 back but the thing is after the pc turns off when I turn it back on it works the second time and I do t have any issues, the four is new and later I am going to try and delete and install new drivers for the gt1030 and of that dosent work then because I want a new psu I will buy one but I may have to get amazon to send me a new card

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thank you for writing back, it is a Corsair 450w and yes the problem goes away when I put the gt710 back but the thing is after the pc turns off when I turn it back on it works the second time and I do t have any issues, the four is new and later I am going to try and delete and install new drivers for the gt1030 and of that dosent work then because I want a new psu I will buy one but I may have to get amazon to send me a new card
What exact model Corsair is it though? VS series per chance?

Jul 20, 2019
but I went back to the ddI app and i saw another option which said uninstall and [censored] down which it said was for installing a new house but that wasn’t the option I originally used it was the uninstall and restart which is doesn’t say for installing a new gpu but how I re installed the gpu and first time I turned it on it did the exact same thing but I turned it off and now it’s not doing it so I’m gonna install the drivers and hope I guess

Last edited by a moderator: