Question I just got a new nvme ssd and I dont know why my acer isn’t recignizing it

Jan 8, 2021
I'm new to all this computer stuff so dumb down what you say for ya boy.

I'm trying to upgrade my nvme in my Acer aspire 5 A515-44-R41B laptop on Windows 10

I followed some tutorials online about how to transfer everything from one nvme to another without having two nvme slots. What I did was copy the image of my old nvme to an external hard drive, then I created a rescue boot USB(or whatever its called) all through Macrium. I Shut down my laptop and swapped the nvmes and booted up Macrium v7 ,tried to copy everything onto the new nvme but it's not showing up and Macrium says all drives are loaded.

Based on everything I checked im pretty sure my laptop is compatible with the new nvme, so now I'm lost. I'd appreciate the help.

(BTW the nvme is a western digital nvme ssd with 500gb opposed to my old western digital 128gb)

USAFRet

Titan
Close to what you said, but this works.

Assuming you have another drive with sufficient free space to hold the entirety of your current m.2 drive:

1. Download and install Macrium Reflect
  2. Run that, and create a Rescue CD or USB (you'll use this later). "Other Tasks"
  3. In the Macrium client, create an Image to some other drive. External USB HDD, maybe. Select all partitions. This results in a file of xxxx.mrimage
  4. When done, power OFF.
  5. Swap the 2 drives
  6. Boot up from the Rescue USB you created earlier.
  7. Recover, and tell it where the Image is that you created in step 3, and which drive to apply it to...the new m.2
  8. Go, and wait until it finishes.
  9. That's all...this should work.

Jan 8, 2021
OK....just checking.

What tutorial did you find and follow?
If you put the system back together as original, does it work?
Close to what you said, but this works.

Assuming you have another drive with sufficient free space to hold the entirety of your current m.2 drive:

1. Download and install Macrium Reflect
  2. Run that, and create a Rescue CD or USB (you'll use this later). "Other Tasks"
  3. In the Macrium client, create an Image to some other drive. External USB HDD, maybe. Select all partitions. This results in a file of xxxx.mrimage
  4. When done, power OFF.
  5. Swap the 2 drives
  6. Boot up from the Rescue USB you created earlier.
  7. Recover, and tell it where the Image is that you created in step 3, and which drive to apply it to...the new m.2
  8. Go, and wait until it finishes.
  9. That's all...this should work.
Do specifically choose "clone this disk" or "image this disk"?