I just got the Nighthawk X6 and I have been having alittle problems, need help?

sgtkeebler

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2014
I have a modem/router from century link, I disabled the Wifi part of my c1000a and hooked up my new nighthawk X6. when i was installing the new router it said i should set it up as an access point but I chose to set it up as my default now my computer says im on network 2 when it is supposed to be on network 1 because it is my only connection. my network works fine but I want this to be my main number 1 connection can someone help me figure this out? also I was having a lot of problems setting my families electronics to wifi until i rebooted the router. can someone help me?

how can i make my nighthawk x6 my number 1 main connection? becasue my modem/router's wifi signal is turned off and not broadcasting/working anymore but when i went to setup my new router it still detected my old one.

When you disabled the WiFi on the c1000a, the question is did you also disable the router function as well. If the router is still working on the c1000a, than you should setup the Nighthawk as an AP, and it sounds like that is what happened.

The other option is to disable the router function of the c1000a, and use the Nighthawk as the router.

For sure though, you only want one router on the setup.

sgtkeebler

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2014
like when i look on the c1000a the wirless light isnt showing at all. the only LEDs showing on the c1000a dsl, internet, port 4, and usb. if you are familiar with the c1000a how to i disable router function? and also when ever i try to log on to tomshardware it keeps saying suspicious activity detected when it has never done that before.

sgtkeebler

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2014
Thanks man. I put my router into transparent bridge mode had to call centrylink and had to get my PPPoE information, so now my network is how it should be in the first place.