Question I just have finished to build a pc , it powers on, fans works ok, all seems ok, but the screen it’s always black, nothing appears, help me please!

Feb 1, 2020
I can’t enter to bios, just black screen. I’ve already checked the connections, I reseted the bios taking out the battery, I don’t know what to do, please help!.
I have a ryzen 7 3700 x, asus tuf gaming b450 plus mother board, 2 adata 2666 Mhz ddr4 x 16gb each, nvidia 1660 ti, 700 watts source power

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
Make sure your Ram is in the correct slots, but to troubleshoot I would just try one stick of ram and see if it posts.

What monitor are you using? And is it connected via display port or hdmi? I had a similar issue when I tried connecting with display port to my MSI monitor all I would get is no signal on the display. I switched to hdmi and it got signal.

Feb 1, 2020
Thank’s for your Quick response, I’ve already tried to put one ram and in different slot, but nothing, I have my monitor with a hdmi cable, it’s a hp 24x monitor, I tested with a laptop and it worked

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
you likely need the bios update for that chip. the 3700x came out after the MB so wile that chip will work on the board it'll require the update first. OP did you buy it new?
I thought the same thing, but according to the website his b450 is "Ryzen 3000 ready" supposedly... I had the same thing happen with a Gigabyte b450 and I did need to RMA it to get the updated bios, and then the system was able to post. If his board has been sitting on a shelf for the past 9 months then he will definitely need a bios update.

Feb 1, 2020
you likely need the bios update for that chip. the 3700x came out after the MB so wile that chip will work on the board it'll require the update first. OP did you buy it new?
I bought it new. Is there a way to update the bios if I can‘t see a thing on the screen? I’m relatively new on this. Sorry for all the questions

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
I bought it new. Is there a way to update the bios if I can‘t see a thing on the screen? I’m relatively new on this. Sorry for all the questions
No because, this motherboard does not have EZ Flash. You will need a 1st or 2nd gen CPU to update the bios. You can file an RMA with ASUS, they should update to the latest bios at no cost. (this is the safest way because there are risks to doing this) Just keep in mind RMAs can take a while. I did one with Gigabyte and they had one of my mobos for a month because I didn't have a 2nd gen cpu to do a bios update for my GF build. You can take it to a local PC store, and they can do it for a fee ( I was quoted minimum of $60 more than a Athalon 200). Or you can buy a cheep processor like an Athalon 200 from Amazon, do the bios flash and return it.

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
I think the boot kit was free but you had to contact them with documentation.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100
It is a loaner. They send it to you at no cost with a Athalon 200 and thermal paste, and you send it back.

They will only send it you if you can provide proof your mobo manufacturer can't resolve the issue for you. I went through this process when I built my GF her recent build. A b450 micro build with a R3200g.

I contacted Gigabyte and explained all i needed was some kind of statement from them saying they couldn't update the bios for me to get the boot kit, but they said they couldn't do that. They said they could update the bios, good customer service actually. They could have just wiped their hands clean of it but took ownership. They sent me a return label and I shipped it to their warehouse here in California, they did all 10 consecutive bios updates and I picked it up at their will-call.

This is why I mentioned earlier the OP can just buy a Athalon 200 from Amazon do the bios updates themselves and then return the processor. While I am grateful gigabyte set things right it did take them almost a month to get it back to me. It may have if I hadn't chosen to pick it up myself.

Feb 1, 2020
No because, this motherboard does not have EZ Flash. You will need a 1st or 2nd gen CPU to update the bios. You can file an RMA with ASUS, they should update to the latest bios at no cost. (this is the safest way because there are risks to doing this) Just keep in mind RMAs can take a while. I did one with Gigabyte and they had one of my mobos for a month because I didn't have a 2nd gen cpu to do a bios update for my GF build. You can take it to a local PC store, and they can do it for a fee ( I was quoted minimum of $60 more than a Athalon 200). Or you can buy a cheep processor like an Athalon 200 from Amazon, do the bios flash and return it.
Ok, many thanks, so you recommend me more do this or is better to change the mother board, and if so, which one you recommend me.