I Just Put in a New CPU Into my PC and it won't even turn on

Sep 29, 2018
I just built my PC and it would turn on but It wouldn't give a signla to my monitor and as it turns out the CPU was broken so I ordered a new one same model. I just got it and I installed it but now my PC won't even turn on??? Does anyone know why it does this

Solution
the 2200 won't work on a 350 motherboard without a bios update and you can't update the bios without a chip in it....
You can contact AMD and they can help

Also you reset the bios with a JUMPER on the motherboard, and make sure it's OFF when you do.
Sep 29, 2018

The PC won't even turn on so I can't reset the bios and Im sure the CPU was broken the pins were twisted

the 2200 won't work on a 350 motherboard without a bios update and you can't update the bios without a chip in it....
You can contact AMD and they can help

Also you reset the bios with a JUMPER on the motherboard, and make sure it's OFF when you do.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

How did the pins get 'twisted'?

Sep 29, 2018

So Im kind of a really big noob... Do I have to buy the jumper to reset the bios? Also what is the chip?

Sep 29, 2018

I don't really know I had an expert brought in who looked at everything and said that it was like that and I had to get a new one