[SOLVED] I keep getting bsod

Lightningthief

Honorable
Jan 14, 2017
I haven’t installed any thing malicious and my computer was working just fine yesterday and now all of a sudden I keep getting bsod every 2 minutes of me using my computer I’ve reset my computer to brand new and every thing and it keeps happening so I installed new drivers on my 1070 and it happened again what do I do?

Solution
it failed :( i dont get wtf is happening
Everything else is working besides the .NET Framework update, right?

The deletion and corruption of some Windows files were caused by the frequent BSODs, which were caused by the mismatched ram, which turned out to be incompatible.
You were able to fix most of the files, but there are a couple of stubborn ones.

I'll see what I can find on this, but I may end up asking for a hand in this myself.

Lightningthief

Honorable
Jan 14, 2017
Mobo: prime z270-p
Cpu: i5 7600k
Gpu: 1070 pny
Cpu cooler: h60
Ram: 24gb 3200mhz Corsair vengeance 4 sticks and two sticks were recently bought from Best Buy 2 sticks came with build
1tb Hdd and 500gb ssd recently removed before I restarted windows
600w 80+ psu from bestbuy Corsair

Lightningthief

Honorable
Jan 14, 2017
It's fine. It doesn't matter if you use the quotes or not.

Take the 2 new sticks out, leave the old ones in the 2 gray slots, and see if it crashes again.
Ok I’m running some diagnostics but it usually crashes before they finish so the next time it crashes I will take them out but it’s weird that they just started doing that I’ve had them i there for like a week now or more

Lightningthief

Honorable
Jan 14, 2017
It's fine. It doesn't matter if you use the quotes or not.

Take the 2 new sticks out, leave the old ones in the 2 gray slots, and see if it crashes again.
This is what was given to me from sfc /scannow

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Lightningthief

Honorable
Jan 14, 2017

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
also windows is trying to install update but never gets to finish but its try right now just waiting for the crash

Lightningthief

Honorable
Jan 14, 2017
also windows is trying to install update but never gets to finish but its try right now just waiting for the crash
this is the update and what it said

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 (KB4486153)

Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x80073712)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's one of the issues with mixing ram.
It's only guaranteed to work in the form sold. Anything else is a gamble... and it doesn't always show up right away.

Even adding sticks of the same brand and specs can fail - but that combination simply has the highest chance to work.

About that, give this a try: Using System File Checker

Lightningthief

Honorable
Jan 14, 2017
It's one of the issues with mixing ram.
It's only guaranteed to work in the form sold. Anything else is a gamble... and it doesn't always show up right away.

Even adding sticks of the same brand and specs can fail - but that combination simply has the highest chance to work.

About that, give this a try: Using System File Checker
so remove the ram and try to install updates?

Lightningthief

Honorable
Jan 14, 2017
No. Leave the old sticks in, and start with step #2 in the link provided.
No. Leave the old sticks in, and start with step #2 in the link provided.
with out removing the ram this is what i got from running those commands

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.17763.1

Image Version: 10.0.17763.678

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok.
In the Windows search bar, enter Settings, click on Updates & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Update > Run the troubleshooter, open Windows Update and try to install the update again.

If that doesn't work, try this next:
-Type CMD in Windows search bar, right-click on Command Prompt in the menu, and select Run as Administrator
-Type net stop wuauserv , then hit enter
-Type ren c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old , hit enter
-Type net start wuauserv again and hit enter
Restart once it's finished running and see if you get the code again when checking for updates. Try downloading the updates again.

Lightningthief

Honorable
Jan 14, 2017
Ok.
In the Windows search bar, enter Settings, click on Updates & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Update > Run the troubleshooter, open Windows Update and try to install the update again.

If that doesn't work, try this next:
-Type CMD in Windows search bar, right-click on Command Prompt in the menu, and select Run as Administrator
-Type net stop wuauserv , then hit enter
-Type ren c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old , hit enter
-Type net start wuauserv again and hit enter
Restart once it's finished running and see if you get the code again when checking for updates. Try downloading the updates again.
i just ran the trouble shoot and it didnt recognize any problems and i took my ram out and noticed it was 3000mhz and i had my mobo set to 3200mhz so i turned it down and took out the other ram seeing if i get a bsod again updates havent failed yet they are downloading

Lightningthief

Honorable
Jan 14, 2017
i just ran the trouble shoot and it didnt recognize any problems and i took my ram out and noticed it was 3000mhz and i had my mobo set to 3200mhz so i turned it down and took out the other ram seeing if i get a bsod again updates havent failed yet they are downloading
one update is ready for a restar but the same update is giving me problems

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 (KB4486153)
Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x80073712