[SOLVED] I know this is a pc thread but idk where else to go with this

Jun 19, 2021
I know this is for PCs but apple support is incompetent and idk what else to do

Basically my 2012 MacBook Pro can’t detect it’s startup disk, is there any way I can fix this besides turning it in to apple?

Solution

Basically my 2012 MacBook Pro can’t detect it’s startup disk, is there any way I can fix this besides turning it in to apple?
I’d have a go at swapping the SSD inside and reinstalling MacOS (make sure you make a USB with the OS installation tools on before taking the Mac to pieces.

Lutfij

Titan
By startup disk are you referring to your boot drive? If so, it's possible that the drive needs replacing. The bad thing about Apple support is that you end up paying a lot more and are forced into buying something new from them, unless you can find a local repair shop that deals with Apple devcices.

By startup disk are you referring to your boot drive? If so, it's possible that the drive needs replacing. The bad thing about Apple support is that you end up paying a lot more and are forced into buying something new from them, unless you can find a local repair shop that deals with Apple devcices.
Pretty sure you can just open up a 2012 MacBook and put a standard 2.5” drive in there

I’d have a go at swapping the SSD inside and reinstalling MacOS (make sure you make a USB with the OS installation tools on before taking the Mac to pieces.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS