Question I left my CPU cooler unplugged for weeks.

Jun 8, 2023
I cleaned my custom built PC and I forgot to plug in my CPU cooler. I didn't notice it until everything on my computer except my mouse froze. I powered it down and tried to power it back on.

When powering up the CPU debug light was on and noticed the cooler was not plugged in. I plugged it back in, and still was getting the red light. So I got a new CPU that is compatible with my motherboard and still the same thing. I also took a screwdriver to reset the motherboard. I am still getting the same thing.

My computer is about 7 years old on the same power supply. Could it be my power supply, or my motherboard. I do not have any other extra parts to test. Any advice would be helpful

sitehostplus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
I cleaned my custom built PC and I forgot to plug in my CPU cooler. I didn't notice it until everything on my computer except my mouse froze. I powered it down and tried to power it back on.

When powering up the CPU debug light was on and noticed the cooler was not plugged in. I plugged it back in, and still was getting the red light. So I got a new CPU that is compatible with my motherboard and still the same thing. I also took a screwdriver to reset the motherboard. I am still getting the same thing.

My computer is about 7 years old on the same power supply. Could it be my power supply, or my motherboard. I do not have any other extra parts to test. Any advice would be helpful
Sounds like heat took out the CPU and the motherboard.

That's the bad news. The good news is now you have an excuse to do a major upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS