Question I lost ALL my open tabs in Firefox ?

asus_i5

Prominent
Apr 3, 2023
I had 2 firefox browser windows open, I closed the main one, forgetting about the other one which was still open in the background.

I opened another Firefox window and tried to "Restore Last Browsing Session" but the button was greyed out. The Tabs cannot be restored that way.

I made a copy of the Firefox folder and all of my Local/Roaming data.

Please tell me how to restore those old tabs

kanewolf

Titan
I had 2 firefox browser windows open, I closed the main one forgetting about the other one which was still open in the background.

I opened another window and tried to Restore Last Browsing Session but the button was greyed out. The Tabs cannot be restored that way.

I made a copy of the Firefox folder and all of my Local/Roaming data.

Please tell me how to restore those old tabs
Aren't they in your browsing history? Open them from there.

Lutfij

Titan
Did you try hitting ctrl+shift+T? Sometimes when I do close out my browser on accident hen I had two different groups of tabs/browsers, I just hit the aforementioned shortcut on Google's Chrome browser which should also work for FireFox.

The suggestion made above should also be possible.

asus_i5

Prominent
Apr 3, 2023
Aren't they in your browsing history? Open them from there.
That is surely impossible, unfortunately there were hundreds of open tabs

firefox-roaming-profile.png

this screenshot is from the folder from where the tab sessions are stored, but the most recent recovery & previous files are more recent than they need to be.

Ho wto get the old session back please?

asus_i5

Prominent
Apr 3, 2023
That is surely impossible, unfortunately there were hundreds of open tabs

firefox-roaming-profile.png

this screenshot is from the folder from where the tab sessions are stored, but the most recent recovery & previous files are more recent than they need to be.

Ho wto get the old session back please?
Here is the solution:
  1. Close the Firefox browser. Make sure no instance of the browser is running.
  2. Open the profile folder and rename the current session file sessionstore.jsonlz4 to sessionstore-backup.jsonlz4.
  3. Open the sessionstore-backups folder of the profile.
  4. Rename recovery.jsonlz4 to recovery-backup.jsonlz4.
  5. Rename recovery.backlz4 to recovery-backup.backlz4.
  6. Copy the session restore backup that you want to restore, e.g. previous.jsonlz4.
  7. Go back to the root directory of the Firefox profile.
  8. Paste the copied file to the root folder.
  9. Rename it to sessionstore.jsonlz4.
  10. Restart the Firefox browser.
  11. Firefox might pick up the session automatically. If it does not, press the Alt-key on your keyboard and select History > Restore Previous Session.