[SOLVED] I lost links, contact and favorites files :(

Neod!mium

Prominent
Mar 16, 2020
To cut a long story short

i set up raid 1 on 2 hard drives in partition manager

I transferred there windows files Videos, pictures, links, contacts, documents and other windows files

Then I just set up raid 1 in the bios also to be that same E partition

And those windows files are gone

I managed to get most of them back because they were in the left bar in windows explorer so I set their path E / pictures

but contacts, links and favorites are nowhere to be found

except u
c / users / default

but I can't move those files
and those files don't have those windows characteristic images with them

star, arrow, person ...

Can anyone help me how to get them back, if at all possible?

thank you

Solution
did you verify that files were actually located on the new drive after you tried to copy/paste?
by verify i mean actually access and manipulate them in some way while located on the new drive?

it's possible that Windows would not let you move the system protected files so they were never on the new drive to begin with.
Can anyone help me how to get them back
if you haven't formatted the disk they were originally located on then they would still be there.
even if they were cut or deleted there's a chance some may be recovered.
try some data recovery software.
contacts, links and favorites are nowhere to be found
from now on choose to export this data from whichever browser you're using and save them somewhere else...
did you verify that files were actually located on the new drive after you tried to copy/paste?
by verify i mean actually access and manipulate them in some way while located on the new drive?

it's possible that Windows would not let you move the system protected files so they were never on the new drive to begin with.
Can anyone help me how to get them back
if you haven't formatted the disk they were originally located on then they would still be there.
even if they were cut or deleted there's a chance some may be recovered.
try some data recovery software.
contacts, links and favorites are nowhere to be found
from now on choose to export this data from whichever browser you're using and save them somewhere else.

backup is a necessity with computing and important files.
nobody thinks much about it until it's too late and they're just out of luck.
always keep separate drives with backed up content, and possibly even backups of your backups.
my 8TB external and my 2x 3TB externally docked drives have kept my files safe through multiple system failures and drive deaths.

Reactions: Neod!mium
Solution

Neod!mium

Prominent
Mar 16, 2020
There is nothing in those maps, they are empty
But still I would love to have them

I don't have a backup because I just put the pc all in place.

I'll try ease us tomorrow.

But even though I find the folders I don't think windows will recognize them then under their own.

By the way, I had a partition with those Windows folders.
And I made an empty partition through it.
They are there for sure but I don't think windows will recognize them.