I love intelfanatics:-)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Just because people don't post as often as some, doesn't mean they have any less to offer. Maybe they only offer opinions when they have something useful to say, rather than mouthing off and flaming at everybody, or maybe they have better things to do with their lives than bother talking to u.
And there was u thinking u were all high and mighty with your "old hand" title.
<pooh!> What a loser. Go get a life.

<font color=red>Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?</font color=red>

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
I may be a newbie on this site, but that doesn't mean I don't know anything. It's just that on the other three sites where I regularly post, I can't find any Intel adherents with whom to have a good argument. Everyone's been converted to AMD. I noticed there were some people here who like to defend Intel, so I thought it might be a fun place to hang out. And for all you flamers, I hope you can recognize the tongue-in-cheek nature of this post without going nuts.

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There will always be companies that "copy" another companies succesful products. Capitalism at its best! Why are there not only Fords on the road? Why are there so many different brands of televisions? The originator had a good idea, and others improved upon it. All of these copycat products had to license patents as well. Just a part of business. After all, a company that does the research that results in a patent, deserves to be paid when another company benefits from that patent.

The originator is not always the best in the market, nor are the "safest". Look at Xerox, the inventor of the copy machine. There are many copier brands on the market, and now Xerox is in serious trouble.

You are correct that CPU prices would not be where they are if Intel and AMD did not have each other. VIA jumping in with the C3 hitting 1.2Ghz this year may have some impact as well on low end business systems and CPUs.

Competition is great (especially for the consumers)!

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>