i mac and computer one monitor??

BIGRICO88

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
i have a 2011 i mac that i still use and my gaming pc on the side, i wanted to know if i can connect the pc to the i mac but would be able to switch display inputs from the pc to the i mac and vice versa. so technically it would be 2 computers one monitor

Solution
It is not possible because the iMac is a "all-in-one" with no video inputs. It is possible to use two computers with 1 monitor. If you do it like you were trying it is clunky. Because you would have 2 keyboards and two mice. If you use a KVM (Keyboard Video Mouse switch) then it is neater because there would only be 1 keyboard and 1 mouse. However this is also not possible on an all-in-one, just presented as an FYI so you can consider it if you end up with two compatible computers someday.
It is not possible because the iMac is a "all-in-one" with no video inputs. It is possible to use two computers with 1 monitor. If you do it like you were trying it is clunky. Because you would have 2 keyboards and two mice. If you use a KVM (Keyboard Video Mouse switch) then it is neater because there would only be 1 keyboard and 1 mouse. However this is also not possible on an all-in-one, just presented as an FYI so you can consider it if you end up with two compatible computers someday.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS