I messed up my storage

MiloshDr

Reputable
Jul 12, 2016
I have ran out of storage space, and when I go to uninstall programs in control panel the apps are there however it doesn't show how much space is taken up and just deletes the file. When I look in the Drive the files are still there.

I moved things around from drive to drive, and this is how things got messed up

Solution
Hey there, MiloshDr.

If you're using the "Uninstall or change a program" feature, this should uninstall the program you've selected and delete its files from the drive it was installed to. However sometimes a folder might be left with some files like logs, or some sort of user setting files, saves, etc. but they shouldn't take a lot of space (and by that I mean they rarely reach 10MB).
What did you move around and what's the exact issue here? What happened after moving those files?

Boogieman_WD
Hey there, MiloshDr.

If you're using the "Uninstall or change a program" feature, this should uninstall the program you've selected and delete its files from the drive it was installed to. However sometimes a folder might be left with some files like logs, or some sort of user setting files, saves, etc. but they shouldn't take a lot of space (and by that I mean they rarely reach 10MB).
What did you move around and what's the exact issue here? What happened after moving those files?

Boogieman_WD

Solution