[SOLVED] I might have done something stupid

I sold my computer and I moved to a cloud gaming PC called Shadow. The reason I did it was because I was paying $141.99 a month for an RTX 2080 ti from Cutting Edge Gamer. I'm more of a content creator than a gamer. I make games in Unity mostly. I didn't really need an RTX 2080 ti for what I do. I wanted to free up that money so I could buy assets for my game instead. But I miss having a physical system.

If I wanted to I could have a new system up and running by December or January. But... I would have to settle for a cheap graphics card and a rather cheap CPU. I have everything still except for a CPU, motherboard, RAM, and a graphics card. I feel stupid for selling my parts. I would have $850 to spend if I wanted it in December and around $1100 if I saved it until January. But that $850 is black Friday money.

I want the system for Christmas and I would like to know what you recommend. I would like to have an RX 5700 XT, 16GB of RAM, a b450 tomahawk, and Ryzen 5 3600. But I am open to other suggestions. I expect it to cost at least $750.

Solution
I already have a case, psu, ssd, hdd stuff like that. Some of the stuff you included in the build I do not need.
I've just decided to keep Shadow for a whole year and save up about $200 a month so I can build the PC I really want.

Well that changes the story a little, I didn't read your entire wall of post. You could get an RX 5700XT (400$), a 3700x (329$), and a 110$ b450 or x470 motherboard.

totaling about 840$ (not including taxes)
I sold my computer and I moved to a cloud gaming PC called Shadow. The reason I did it was because I was paying $141.99 a month for an RTX 2080 ti from Cutting Edge Gamer. I'm more of a content creator than a gamer. I make games in Unity mostly. I didn't really need an RTX 2080 ti for what I do. I wanted to free up that money so I could buy assets for my game instead. But I miss having a physical system.

If I wanted to I could have a new system up and running by December or January. But... I would have to settle for a cheap graphics card and a rather cheap CPU. I have everything still except for a CPU, motherboard, RAM, and a graphics card. I feel stupid for selling my parts. I would have $850 to spend if I wanted it in December and around $1100 if I saved it until January. But that $850 is black Friday money.

I want the system for Christmas and I would like to know what you recommend. I would like to have an RX 5700 XT, 16GB of RAM, a b450 tomahawk, and Ryzen 5 3600. But I am open to other suggestions. I expect it to cost at least $750.

That was a pretty bum move, in the end you're gonna end up paying more with a shadow subscription than if you jsut finished paying off that 2080ti.

But enough hindsight, honestly you're gonna have some trouble getting that rig with 750$.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fv9wV7

this is what I could make with that budget. And it's still a little more expensive than 750.

And here's a $1100 build
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Q8yQV7

That was a pretty bum move, in the end you're gonna end up paying more with a shadow subscription than if you jsut finished paying off that 2080ti.

But enough hindsight, honestly you're gonna have some trouble getting that rig with 750$.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fv9wV7

this is what I could make with that budget. And it's still a little more expensive than 750.

And here's a $1100 build
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Q8yQV7

I already have a case, psu, ssd, hdd stuff like that. Some of the stuff you included in the build I do not need.
I've just decided to keep Shadow for a whole year and save up about $200 a month so I can build the PC I really want.

Last edited:

Well that changes the story a little, I didn't read your entire wall of post. You could get an RX 5700XT (400$), a 3700x (329$), and a 110$ b450 or x470 motherboard.

totaling about 840$ (not including taxes)

Solution