Question I moved my pc from one table to another and I heard a click around the GPU region..

Noobpunk

Prominent
Jan 11, 2022
Hey all,

Couple nights ago I heard that the unit stand that the PC was on was creaking, I became a little paranoid and decided to place the PC on my desk instead.

After placing the PC onto the desk, I plugged my accessories back into the motherboard that would be otherwise loose and moving whilst carrying the PC; GPU support stand & heatsinks.

Once on the table standing with the side panel open, whilst plugging the accessories into their allocated areas on the MOBO I heard a click sound coming from the GPU/GPU PCIE slot of the motherboard. I feel like it came from the side of the GPU where the gold pins are inserted into the MOBO slot.

The clip is in the locked position and I have been running the PC since that day and all seems fine, just a little paranoid as to what on earth that click could mean? I have a feeling that the click noise was from the clip on the GPU PCIE slot on the mobo.

Does anyone with this sort of experience at all know what this could potentially be? Anything I should do to see if everything is fine? Or is it that since it is running fine that I should presume that it is?

I must emphasise I am a paranoid soul, so I placed the PC on the tables surface as soft as possible!

A response would be so helpful right now I am stressing my eyes out!

Noobpunk

Prominent
Jan 11, 2022
That means it's fully locked in. You're good to go.

Shouldnt I be worried why it wasnt locked in the first place? I am certain it was a click noise rather than a crack however from moving the PC and hearing that at that end of the GPU, I shouldnt be concerned at all?

I must emphasise the GPU was inserted the whole time whilst I was carrying the PC.

Although the GPU is working fine does this mean I can stop worrying?

Shouldnt I be worried why it wasnt locked in the first place? I am certain it was a click noise rather than a crack however from moving the PC and hearing that at that end of the GPU, I shouldnt be concerned at all?

I must emphasise the GPU was inserted the whole time whilst I was carrying the PC.

Although the GPU is working fine does this mean I can stop worrying?
Yes, stop worrying.