I Need A Computer Monitor For Gaming

Max Guymer

Honorable
Jun 27, 2014
I live in the U.K (England)
I plan to use this monitor for gaming and videos
I would like a 22" 1920 x 1080 resolution monitor
I can spend up to £130
I don't have any preferred brands, although I would like to give Samsung a miss because their tv/monitor stands are flimsy
I'm buying one monitor
I will be using a gtx 970 4gb
It needs an hdmi port
I need help on refresh rate, I'm guessing higher is better but I seem to be on 60hz right now and that's fine
Oh and it needs to be IPS

Thanks

dovah-chan

Honorable
I think the Dell S2340M should fit somewhere around your budget. I really don't recommend any budget IPS monitors though as you're still below the sweet spot when it comes to buying IPS monitors; in other words you're paying more for less when you could just increase your budget a little bit more, and gain a whole lot in performance and functionality.

I can only really recommend that you up your budget by at least £80 and get something like a Dell U2412M or a Samsung S27D590P (which has a decent stand that I think looks quite nice) and the only other decent option I can think of is the Asus MX239H.

I've never used a monitor above 60Hz for an extended period of time so I can't comment on them. A lot of people have said they make a difference but you have to have the extra GPU horsepower in order to get framerates that high on intensive games.

Max Guymer

Honorable
Jun 27, 2014

It doesn't have to be ips I guess but the acer one is really nice! 1ms response time, 24 inch :D, are there any other ones that have a response time lower than 5ms and fit in the budget?

BT14

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
The monitors I picked and the monitor you picked are the same except for the brand name. Asus is a better brand in my opinion but you can pick the BenQ if you want to save the money.:D