[SOLVED] I need a CPU cooler that works well for the AMD ryzen 5 1600x, amd doesn

bob12345676

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
I am needing a CPU Cooler that is not a liquid cooler, that will cool an AMD ryzen 5 1600X, so it needs to handle cooling 95 degrees Celsius, and I need to have it taller rather than wider, so that it can keep my ram slots open, and have enough room so it doesn't interfer with anything of the motherboard, my motherboard is the (MSI - X370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard).

Solution
AIO means All in one, a general term for a self contained water cooler, you just install it and you're all set. If you don't plan on overclocking that CPU, you most likely won't come near 95c. The stock cooler is pretty robust, assuming you got the cpu/cooler combo. A decent cooler that is pretty good at avoiding the ram slots is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. If you really want performance, a 240/360mm AIO, or one of the Noctua series that work with the AM4 socket, such as the NH-D15.

bob12345676

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
What do you mean by AIO, and I am just wanting to make sure this processor can't overheat, 95 is the Maximum amount, and I want to make sure it won't overheat, It will be being used for a flight simulator computer.

PdxPetmonster

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
AIO means All in one, a general term for a self contained water cooler, you just install it and you're all set. If you don't plan on overclocking that CPU, you most likely won't come near 95c. The stock cooler is pretty robust, assuming you got the cpu/cooler combo. A decent cooler that is pretty good at avoiding the ram slots is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. If you really want performance, a 240/360mm AIO, or one of the Noctua series that work with the AM4 socket, such as the NH-D15.

Solution

bob12345676

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
I don't want a water cooler because if it breaks open then my computer is ruined, and I am not willing to take that risk, I am trying to find a fan that will make 100% sure that my CPU doesn't overheat.

PdxPetmonster

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
These things rarely leak, I can't remember hearing of it happen. I've used them for years. But both the Cooler Master and Noctua are both air coolers. You'll have to judge if they'll fit in your case or not, but both are very capable coolers, especially the Noctua.

PdxPetmonster

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
It'll only touch the CPU, I don't think it'll hit the ram unless you've got ram with massive heatsinks on them. What type of memory do you have? Also, you might be able to google motherboard compatibility in regards to those coolers mentioned earlier.