I need a fast wirless internet connection.

BeauSmells

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
I have just built my new gaming PC, everthing is good exept that my graphics card covers were the network cards go, so I need a fast, preferably usb, and that can reach though one wall vertacly. I only play solftcore video games some online and i watch lots of netflics and youtube. Thanks alot, and im British.

Most the USB cards will have similar performance. A PCI card is not any faster mostly because you are limited by the wireless speed well before you hit the limit of a USB. 802.11ac is the only exception and USB 3 ports are now a option for those too.

The key is to match your router. If for example your router only supports single band and only runs at 150m it does not do a lot of good to pay extra for dual band and 450m.

I tend to like USB adapters that have longer cables so you can place them on top of the machine. You of course can use a USB extension on any adapter. The key is to keep it away from the metal case if this is a desktop.

Which brand is mostly a personal choice. All the major cards are very similar in performance.