Nov 10, 2019
My pc specs

Ryzen 7 2700
16gb corsair 3000
2 wd hd 2tb in total
Ssd Samsung Evo 970 500gb
Rx 5700 xt
Previous spu: 550w evga 1n

I need a new spu because my current spu doesnt properly power my pc i was considering the following spus

Asus 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power

are this options ok? What would you pick?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Vg...fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020180-na#

Jdye34

Commendable
Apr 15, 2019
Agree with the above you cant go wrong with these sesasonic units by the far the best psus on the market at most budgets.
I run a Leadex II Gold 650, also a lovely psu.....

Wolfshadw

Titan
i assume both of you aren't aware of the Seasonic Focus FX problems?

You mean the issues with "black screens" on high power consumption graphic cards like the RX Vega and GTX 970 Strix? Nope! I wasn't familiar with them. However, a quick review shows nothing since November of LAST YEAR and that the problem seems to have been resolved. That, plus the fact that I'm using one with my (admittedly lower powered) GTX 1060 with no issues is why I still recommend them.

-Wolf sends

LukeSavenije

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
You mean the issues with "black screens" on high power consumption graphic cards like the RX Vega and GTX 970 Strix? Nope! I wasn't familiar with them. However, a quick review shows nothing since November of LAST YEAR and that the problem seems to have been resolved. That, plus the fact that I'm using one with my (admittedly lower powered) GTX 1060 with no issues is why I still recommend them.

-Wolf sends
unfortunately, that was first revision

after that seasonic released a second around 2018, which had the OCP upped a bit because Seasonic think this was causing problems with 970 strix, vega and so on. the problem is that around 120%, the unit starts to ripple so heavily, that i don't trust it anymore, and they recently released the GX line to replace it, but reviews are yet to come out (i'm personally doing an overview of it, as they sent me a sample)

might be something to keep in mind for the coming time, it's fine if they already have it, but i wouldn't recommend buying it brand new at this point