[SOLVED] I need a quick help on what's happened to my WiFi ?

FelixAFF

Reputable
May 15, 2019
So basically it was raining w thunder and all of a sudden i think a lightning hit my house and pretty much roasted my router, a few mins after i replaced my router with a backup one and transferred all the lan cables from router 1 to router 2.

Once the router was set up and everything i went to speedtest and found out that my PC wifi speed (on LAN) is only 9mbps whilst my phone (wireless) and my PS5 (LAN) still receives the normal 150mbps that i should be getting. I already tried using the same LAN cable as my PC and tested it for my PS and it still got my normal wifi speed so i think theres a problem with my PC but im not sure exactly.

Does any of you guys know why this is happening? ive tried resetting my network adapter in PC and also resetting my IP but it's still only on 9 mbps.
(EDIT : Could my motherboard lan receiver be faulty here or no?)

Solution
More information needed:

ISP, modem, old router (1), backup router (2) - make and model information?

You swapped in the back up router but the backup router's WiFi still may need to be configured.

The back up router (2) may be at default/factory settings. And the PC's WiFi configuration may also need to be reconfigured.

On your PC: ensure that only one network adapter (wired or wireless) is enabled.

So if the PC is to use wireless connectivity then only the PC's wireless network adapter should be enabled and configured for the network SSID. The PC's wired network adapter should be disabled.

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed:

ISP, modem, old router (1), backup router (2) - make and model information?

You swapped in the back up router but the backup router's WiFi still may need to be configured.

The back up router (2) may be at default/factory settings. And the PC's WiFi configuration may also need to be reconfigured.

On your PC: ensure that only one network adapter (wired or wireless) is enabled.

So if the PC is to use wireless connectivity then only the PC's wireless network adapter should be enabled and configured for the network SSID. The PC's wired network adapter should be disabled.

Reactions: FelixAFF
Solution