I need a root file exe. Any one got one ???????????????????

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi there all.
Have been sorting out all my files today and, like a
numpty, deleted a boot file, which was located in my
documents folder.

I need a windows 2000 root>\system 32\ntoskrnl.exe file
in order to reboot the Laptop.

I hope theres someone out there who can help.

Cheers
John (uk)

"John" <johnofvt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there all.
> Have been sorting out all my files today and, like a
> numpty, deleted a boot file, which was located in my
> documents folder.
>
> I need a windows 2000 root>\system 32\ntoskrnl.exe file
> in order to reboot the Laptop.
>
> I hope theres someone out there who can help.
>
> Cheers
> John (uk)

Have a look in the i386 folder of your Win2000 CD.

UNfortunately This is a company PC, and HQ is in Germany,
and so is the Windows 2000 CD ROM. This is why i need one
separately.

Any one got a root file .exe

The logical answer seems to be to ask HQ to send
you the file by EMail.

At the same time I suspect that the file is not missing
at all. You can probably save some time by describing
exactly how far you get in the boot process, and what
the error message is (verbatim!).

If someone sent you the file, how do you intend to
copy it to the hard disk? Did you have a look in
c:\winnt\dllcache?