I need a suggestion of monitor

Zuran

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
Hello, I would like a suggestion of a cheap LED monitor for my PC.
The size is something between 18 and 20 inches and the resolution is something like 1600x1000. I do not want to use full HD, because the desktop objects will be too small and games in full HD require an expensive graphics card.
I also need audio output through HDMI and it will let me dispose of my speakers.
Finally, I like old movies and games, but their resolution is low and they look bad in some smaller monitors. Therefore, I need a monitor that is good with low-resolution things.
Thank you.

Solution
Typical resolution for a 20" monitor is 1680 x 1050 (16:10 aspect ratio).
The computer will continue to output the native resolution of the monitor and essentially stretch low resolution content to fit. The monitor doesn't play a part in this unless you actually drop the desktop resolution or a full screen game drops the resolution.
It sounds like any 20" monitor with a HDMI input and speakers will be OK for what you want.

Edit: It looks like these 1680x1050 monitors are no longer made.
I found one 1600x900 monitor, the AOC E2070swn, but this is DSUB (VGA) input only, not HDMI.
Other small monitors now seem to start from 21.5" and have 1920x1080 resolution.
AOC is pretty good brand for cheap monitors.
Typical resolution for a 20" monitor is 1680 x 1050 (16:10 aspect ratio).
The computer will continue to output the native resolution of the monitor and essentially stretch low resolution content to fit. The monitor doesn't play a part in this unless you actually drop the desktop resolution or a full screen game drops the resolution.
It sounds like any 20" monitor with a HDMI input and speakers will be OK for what you want.

Edit: It looks like these 1680x1050 monitors are no longer made.
I found one 1600x900 monitor, the AOC E2070swn, but this is DSUB (VGA) input only, not HDMI.
Other small monitors now seem to start from 21.5" and have 1920x1080 resolution.
AOC is pretty good brand for cheap monitors.

Solution

Zuran

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
One of my reasons to buy a new monitor is to replace the speakers with the audio output of the monitor.
My Nvidia graphic card requires an HDMI adapter.

I am looking for a monitor for all purposes (work, internet, gaming, movies...), therefore large monitors (20'' or more) are bad at the distance that I use and I have problems with 1080p.