Question I need a white mechanical keyboard that feels like the Cherry MX 10.0N but has a higher profile.

novus111

Commendable
Feb 15, 2021
I'm a newbie when it comes to keyboards. My gf just got a Cherry MX 10.0N and I love the way the keys feel and how it thoccs. Only two downsides for me are it's black and the keys are too sensitive because of the extremely low profile of the switches. Could you help me with finding an alternative?

I'm a newbie when it comes to keyboards. My gf just got a Cherry MX 10.0N and I love the way the keys feel and how it thoccs. Only two downsides for me are it's black and the keys are too sensitive because of the extremely low profile of the switches. Could you help me with finding an alternative?
There are dozens of keyboards so you will have to narrow it down.

I got the Cherry MX 10.0N last month and the keys being too sensitive drives me crazy. I thought the keys would be more like the Logitech MX Keys Mini that I use when watching TV but they're not and I'm disappointed. So I'll probably use it until the next time I rearrange my system and then throw it in my box of old stuff. Plus the aluminum case discharges any static electricity I build up living in a dry climate.

Before that I was using a Ducky One keyboard which is what I'll eventually go back to. These are great since you can choose what version of the Cherry keys you want; I use the Cherry Brown. There's also various lighting effects and smaller TKL versions. They have various white models, although some are out of stock at the moment due to supply chain problems.

novus111

Commendable
Feb 15, 2021
There are dozens of keyboards so you will have to narrow it down.

I got the Cherry MX 10.0N last month and the keys being too sensitive drives me crazy. I thought the keys would be more like the Logitech MX Keys Mini that I use when watching TV but they're not and I'm disappointed. So I'll probably use it until the next time I rearrange my system and then throw it in my box of old stuff. Plus the aluminum case discharges any static electricity I build up living in a dry climate.

Before that I was using a Ducky One keyboard which is what I'll eventually go back to. These are great since you can choose what version of the Cherry keys you want; I use the Cherry Brown. There's also various lighting effects and smaller TKL versions. They have various white models, although some are out of stock at the moment due to supply chain problems.
Thanks for the link! Well I was hoping I'd find someone like you on here who's used the Cherry MX 10.0N and could tell me what kind of keyboards compare to the touch. I'll take any as long as it's not as sensitive as the MX 10 and white. I'll pick a nice mixture of price and looks. I'm afraid if I pick something from this catalog that it won't feel the same as the Cerry MX.

Thanks for the link! Well I was hoping I'd find someone like you on here who's used the Cherry MX 10.0N and could tell me what kind of keyboards compare to the touch. I'll take any as long as it's not as sensitive as the MX 10 and white. I'll pick a nice mixture of price and looks. I'm afraid if I pick something from this catalog that it won't feel the same as the Cerry MX.
If you look at the specs for Cherry keys:

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/switches/index.php?brand=Cherry&stem=&feel=linear&sort=Rating+Count

you'll see that they are listed as linear travel with 45cN force to activate. So you would need to select a key with higher force to be less sensitive than the MX 10. This is obviously a gamble since you never know until you try a key whether its too stiff. Before the MX 10 I was using the Ducky with brown keys which has a tactile feel so you know its really been pressed and is a little stiffer at 55cN. Next time I rebuild my system I'll switch back to that keyboard or even get a new one with blue clicky switches. In my case, I spent decades using old style IBM Model M keyboards with buckling spring keys which click really loud. But nowadays I prefer led backlit keys so that I don't have to worry about room lighting. (One drawback to the MX 10.0N that also bothers me is that the gap between the keycap and base transmits light horizontally which reflects off the bottom of my monitor).