[SOLVED] i need an advice on new rig

So im planning to OC my rig when its done, OCing Ryzen 2600 to 4.2 ghz @ 1.35V , and im using gammaxx 300 to change the box cooler. so i want to ask:
  1. What thermal paste applying method i should use at my Gammaxx 300?
  2. Is MSi Gaming Plus B450M safe for that overclock?
  3. Im probably OCing my memory to 3466 (im planning to use Team Delta TUF 3200 2x8GB kit), is it going to be safe?
  4. Also im planning to flash the bios so some day i could upgrade to ryzen 3000 series, i've heard some issues on the BIOSes on MSi Gaming Plus, could you guys give me some advice about flashing the bios or someone with the same motherboard already solved the issue? And please suggest me a good B450M Motherboard that could run high freq ram and Good VRMs for overclocking that is cheap or in the same price with MSi B450M gaming plus?
Thank you in advance :D .

Last edited:
Solution
What thermal paste applying method i should use at my Gammaxx 300?
On AMD processors, the actual processing chips tend to be all around the CPU under the HIS. I often recommend the X pattern for AMD processors.

Is MSi Gaming Plus B450M safe for that overclock?
Yes, you can overclock on a B450M chipset.

Im probably OCing my memory to 3466 (im planning to use Team Delta TUF 3200 2x8GB kit), is it going to be safe?
I would just run the memory at 3200MHz with the A-XMP profile.

Also im planning to flash the bios so some day i could upgrade to ryzen 3000 series, i've heard some issues on the BIOSes on MSi Gaming Plus, could you guys give me some advice about flashing the bios or someone with the same motherboard...
What thermal paste applying method i should use at my Gammaxx 300?
On AMD processors, the actual processing chips tend to be all around the CPU under the HIS. I often recommend the X pattern for AMD processors.

Is MSi Gaming Plus B450M safe for that overclock?
Yes, you can overclock on a B450M chipset.

Im probably OCing my memory to 3466 (im planning to use Team Delta TUF 3200 2x8GB kit), is it going to be safe?
I would just run the memory at 3200MHz with the A-XMP profile.

Also im planning to flash the bios so some day i could upgrade to ryzen 3000 series, i've heard some issues on the BIOSes on MSi Gaming Plus, could you guys give me some advice about flashing the bios or someone with the same motherboard already solved the issue?
I do not have that motherboard, however, you should be rather safe to flash the BIOS. The MSI tool does a good job at validation.

Solution