[SOLVED] I need an Antivirus recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zolydream

Honorable
Oct 22, 2018
Hi all, anyone could recommend me the best antivirus for windows 10 ?
Please share your experience about this topic~ thanks!!!

Solution
If you're looking for a free anti-virus then Windows 10 Built in anti-virus is good enough as is. But if you prefer a 3rd party there is: Avast, malwarebytes (this just searches for malware, not all viruses), bitdefender, sophos home, and AVG.

I would stay clear from McAfee right now as they're recently been caught charging people to help fix fake viruses that their software has been saying their computer has.... Again.... Yes they did this before in the past.

Norton has also had a few issues, one big issue being their programs's source code was hacked.
If you're looking for a free anti-virus then Windows 10 Built in anti-virus is good enough as is. But if you prefer a 3rd party there is: Avast, malwarebytes (this just searches for malware, not all viruses), bitdefender, sophos home, and AVG.

I would stay clear from McAfee right now as they're recently been caught charging people to help fix fake viruses that their software has been saying their computer has.... Again.... Yes they did this before in the past.

Norton has also had a few issues, one big issue being their programs's source code was hacked.

Solution

zolydream

Honorable
Oct 22, 2018

You have any idea how to fix this? https://pasteboard.co/JB43Vu0.png

I click on start actions and nothing happens, sometimes all that threats disappear but later appears again.

You have any idea how to fix this? https://pasteboard.co/JB43Vu0.png

I click on start actions and nothing happens, sometimes all that threats disappear but later appears again.

Geeeeeze what have you been installing? It looks like you have a ton of malware. I'd try using malwarebytes to get rid of that malware or uninstalling utorrent (you may have downloaded and installed an illegitimate version of utorrent) but if that doesn't work then you may have to nuke and reinstall windows, it may be rooted into the kernel level files which means it's rooted into window's core files.

Reactions: zolydream

zolydream

Honorable
Oct 22, 2018
Geeeeeze what have you been installing? It looks like you have a ton of malware. I'd try using malwarebytes to get rid of that malware or uninstalling utorrent (you may have downloaded and installed an illegitimate version of utorrent) but if that doesn't work then you may have to nuke and reinstall windows, it may be rooted into the kernel level files which means it's rooted into window's core files.

Usually i don't donwload things from unknown or unsecure sites but one day found an old USB STICK i plugged it in and i think it was full of viruses, that's why i got them! Many thanks for all your advices!!!

@punkncat i know what are you saying, i'm not a rookie to download everything i see :) usually i'm very selective and careful about the things i download. About quitting from torrenting, well that's a hard story :D :D :D

Usually i don't donwload things from unknown or unsecure sites but one day found an old USB STICK i plugged it in and i think it was full of viruses, that's why i got them! Many thanks for all your advices!!!

@punkncat i know what are you saying, i'm not a rookie to download everything i see :) usually i'm very selective and careful about the things i download. About quitting from torrenting, well that's a hard story :D:D:D

I'm sure you learned your lesson now, but just in case: NEVER PUT INSERT A RANDOM USB YOU FOUND INTO YOUR PERSONAL COMPUTER. Someone can easily have a USB inject malware of all sorts into a computer immediately, no permissions required. A hacker doing a social experiment once laid out 400 USB's in an office building that had tracking malware on it and was able to track numerous employees throughout the building because curiosity got the better of them.

Best practice would be to follow any of these steps:

Frindis

Reputable
Nov 29, 2020
@zolydream From what I can see there is now a free version. The free version is called Kaspersky Security Cloud -Free and the other one with the 1-month trial is called: Kaspersky Security Cloud - Personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.