[SOLVED] I need help choosing a PSU ?

Mohamed Aref

Commendable
Sep 9, 2021
I'm building a budget PC and i need help choosing the best PSU of these ones that are available to me:

1- Antec ATOM B650 - 80 Plus Bronze 650W (57.5$)
2- EVGA 600 BR - 80 Plus Bronze 600W (70$)
3- DEEPCOOL DA600 - 80 Plus Bronze 600W (66.8$)
4- Cooler Master Elite V3 600W (on sale for 35$)

These are the best PSU I've found at this price here in my country
so which one to choose

Is there is a suggestion for better PSU at the same price??

Solution
That answers that. Not surprising it's out of stock given the S12ii series had been out of production for at least a year or 2.

30c is not ideal, expecially for a hotter climate like Egypt, but it should not be an issue as long as the fan is not obstructed.

Iirc the BR series has over temperature protection, so it should safely shut down if it does get too hot.
1,2 and 3 are of similar quality with the EVGA BR being the more popular choice amongst those three. Better to leave out the Cooler Mater unit. In the lack of a better option, the EVGA might be your best choice...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'm building a budget PC and i need help choosing the best PSU of these ones
these are the options that is available for me

1- Antec ATOM B650 - 80 Plus Bronze 650W (57.5$)
2- EVGA 600 BR - 80 Plus Bronze 600W (70$)
3- DEEPCOOL DA600 - 80 Plus Bronze 600W (66.8$)
------------------------------------------------------------
4- Cooler Master Elite V3 600W (on sale for 35$)

These are the best PSU I've found at this price here in my country
so which one to choose
Is there is a suggestion for better PSU at the same price??

What GPU are you using? The Cooler Master listed is too low quality to recommend at all. Neither of the first three are very good, but if this budget PC is using a GPU that doesn't require supplementary power, they can be moderately useful in a pinch. If you're using something like an RX 470, all of these are inappropriate.

Mohamed Aref

Commendable
Sep 9, 2021
What GPU are you using? The Cooler Master listed is too low quality to recommend at all. Neither of the first three are very good, but if this budget PC is using a GPU that doesn't require supplementary power, they can be moderately useful in a pinch. If you're using something like an RX 470, all of these are inappropriate.
1650 s

Mohamed Aref

Commendable
Sep 9, 2021
Egypt
Unfortunately, I searched all the websites that is available here and there is not a single PSU called Super Flower, this brand is not available here
u can see all the available parts in my country here Power Supply Units Prices in Egypt | Compare best store offers (egprices.com) this is our pc part picker

Mohamed Aref

Commendable
Sep 9, 2021
With a GPU that requires supplementary power, even if not a particularly power-hungry one, I would look past these PSUs for very basic machines and look at a budget one. It depends where you are, but the Corsair CX tends to be the least expensive PSU I'd personally be willing to use with a GPU that requires supplementary power.
it's a little over my budget
it's like i bought every thing and forgot the PSU

The S12II is a bit better than the S12III...
https://overclock3d.net/reviews/power_supply/seasonic_s12ii_ss-430gb_430w_atx_psu/1

https://www.egprices.com/en/price/seasonic-s12ii-bronze-430w-80-plus-certified-psu

Reactions: boju

Mohamed Aref

Commendable
Sep 9, 2021
The S12II is a bit better than the S12III...
https://overclock3d.net/reviews/power_supply/seasonic_s12ii_ss-430gb_430w_atx_psu/1

https://www.egprices.com/en/price/seasonic-s12ii-bronze-430w-80-plus-certified-psu
I'm more confused than before now
I found the 520w version of the S12II and it is good from the written specs. It is almost the same as the specs of the da600
I'm not very expert with this stuff
and what is the defrance betwen S12II and the S12III

My first choice was the EVGA 600 BR but I think it has really cheap and bad capacitors because of the max temp (30C)
I'm really confused
All i know of the power supplies is from youtube

If I were in this situation I would buy the BR600.

Both the S12iii 550w and BR600 should reliably power a Ryzen 5 3600 and 1650 super system. The S12iii and BR are similar quality overall, both being double forward with dc-dc. Similar quality components, Aleve bearing fan. Given they are similar and the BR is 50 watts more and cheaper, that would be my recommendation.

I would recommend the S12ii.

S12ii is higher quality and will likely last longer than the BR. Plus, it has a longer warranty. The problems caused by the S12iis older group regulated topology don't really occur with a lower power draw system like this.

However, one concern I would have is how old is the S12ii. Those units have not been produced for a couple of years to my knowledge. Has it been sitting in a wearhouse for 2 years? What kind of environment was it in?

Reactions: boju
That answers that. Not surprising it's out of stock given the S12ii series had been out of production for at least a year or 2.

30c is not ideal, expecially for a hotter climate like Egypt, but it should not be an issue as long as the fan is not obstructed.

Iirc the BR series has over temperature protection, so it should safely shut down if it does get too hot.

Reactions: Mohamed Aref
Solution