Question I need help finding a thermal pad ?

markgraham312

Honorable
Dec 13, 2017
I have an
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor (8x 3.60GHz/16MB L3 Cache) and my cooler has been having issues and I suck at thermal pasting. so i was thinking of snagging a thermal pad. Can yall help me figure out which pad would be best for it? and the size!

Also note the pc will be doing some heavy gaming and i use multiple monitors so constantly doing multiple things at once. and my cooling unit is an Enermax AIO ARGB 240MM cooling unit.

also note the pc will be doing some heavy gaming and i use multiple monitors so constantly doing multiple things at once. and my cooling unit is an Enermax AIO ARGB 240MM cooling unit
What is your problem with thermal paste, it' very simple. Most popular and easy with little chance to screw up is small amount about size of a small pea right in the middle and let cooler pressure spread and flatten it, too much is not a problem with most modern pastes as they are not electrically conductive and pressure after heating will assure ideal thickness. If you elect to spread it, it takes no more skill than 5 year old keeping coloring within lines.
Good pads can be just as "difficult" to apply, very thin and slippery, takes a lot of care to use.
Best one
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-_T4Qs31JU

markgraham312

Honorable
Dec 13, 2017
thank you, but I stgill need to know the size so i dont get too small of one. i could always get a big one and just cut it . I tried the pea sized method. my heatsink has 4 screws and apparently it didnt spread to the entire CPU
What is your problem with thermal paste, it' very simple. Most popular and easy with little chance to screw up is small amount about size of a small pea right in the middle and let cooler pressure spread and flatten it, too much is not a problem with most modern pastes as they are not electrically conductive and pressure after heating will assure ideal thickness. If you elect to spread it, it takes no more skill than 5 year old keeping coloring within lines.
Good pads can be just as "difficult" to apply, very thin and slippery, takes a lot of care to use.
Best one
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-_T4Qs31JU

thank you, but I stgill need to know the size so i dont get too small of one. i could always get a big one and just cut it . I tried the pea sized method. my heatsink has 4 screws and apparently it didnt spread to the entire CPU
IHS size is 37.5mm x 37.5mm.
As for spreading over whole IHS, hottest part is right in the middle where cores are, about 30% of whole IHS.