Question I need help from students who studied in Indian universities(computer science)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2021
Design internet network provided with primary and secondary link for IOE with constituent campus(Eastern Campus, Western Campus, Thapathali campus, and pulchowk campus), that are located in different locations. IOE having a control department that contains DNS, DHCP, EMAIL, WEB and DB server. Assume that each campuses have 50 computers and 10 wireless devices. Propose appropriate tools(L1,L2,L3,Firewalls, WAP), physical links for intranet network and also make the BOQ.

These are classic subnetting problems. But I'm not asking for a book that has similar examples like that. I am asking for exact examples like these.

Our course/curriculum/exam_pattern is copied and pasted from Indian textbooks, so I'm pretty sure that there is some book with exact questions in Indian authored textbooks.

My confusions are of course on managing VPN,IDS etc with subnet numbers. (I ofc know what they do and what they're and their theory)

I had saved some answers of this given to me by a person from one forum, but I've lost that data now sadly.

I've looked at computer networks book of anna university but it's not there. Anyone who've studied these, remembers their book names?

The thing is these are pretty easy problem for anyone working with designing networks. Probably hello world of network design. But WE haven't been trained for that, and we've only theoretical knowledge. Since they're not that hard, they're learnable. Plus I already know how to design basic network, subnetting etc, so it's just giving a finishing for me.

As I said this is a piece of cake for anyone with network design experience, but there are not any books(the google results are just my forums posts in other forums which aren't yet answered clearly-And I mean who is interested in answering this huge question for free. It warrants not only a text answer but a figure as well. That's why I am seeking for buying a book just for 1 problem.)

Ofc I asked my teachers. But it didn't work out, you'll need to know about how universities function in this country to understand why. I can tell you some other day if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
Two things here:

1. "But I'm not asking for a book that has similar examples like that. I am asking for exact examples like these. "

Asking for exact "examples" is very much the same as asking for the answers.

2. "Design internet network provided with primary and secondary link for IOE with constituent campus(Eastern Campus, Western Campus, Thapathali campus, and pulchowk campus), that are located in different locations. IOE having a control department that contains DNS, DHCP, EMAIL, WEB and DB server. Assume that each campuses have 50 computers and 10 wireless devices. Propose appropriate tools(L1,L2,L3,Firewalls, WAP), physical links for intranet network and also make the BOQ. "

That is a homework/project assignment.

You are asking for the answer.

And very few instructors would assign such a project if they knew there was one book with an exact "example" AKA "the answer".

Plus many teachers/instructors/professors know that assignments and projects get passed down from one class to the next so the projects/assignments get changed. So it is even less likely that there is one book with an "exact example".

Very sure that there are other Computer Science students who actually did their own work having little or no reason to help you do yours.

Remember in the real world there are generally several answers - all correct but influenced by environment, costs (initial and maintenance), regulations, building codes, and so forth. Trade-offs have to be made. Plus some requirement(s)could change at any time, which happens more often than not, so you really need to know your own work and can decide what changes are needed and viable.

The assignment is for you to take what you have (theoretical knowledge) and apply that knowledge to a real world problem.

Not go around looking for someone to hand you a book with that exact type of project example and some given/fixed solution therein.

= = = =

I do not know about your country but if a student came to me and asked in what book he could find the exact answer to an assigned design question or problem (of any sort) I would not provide that answer. Even if there happened to be such a book or answer.

What you need to do is get several books on network design etc. and then design the required network using the applicable design parameters and trade practices. Use what you consider to be applicable from each book and incorporate those ideas into your design.

There are also any number of online tutorials and white papers regarding network design. Some good, some bad, others biased to promote one product or service. You have to sort that out just as if you were given such a project in a working, employed, environment.

You must do your own work.

Forum rules do not permit helping with homework.

Closing thread accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.