[SOLVED] I need help getting new processor and motherboard

Jun 4, 2020
i need a new cpu processor i have AMD PhenomII X4 840T its original processor so i need to update it. someone told me to get a ryzen 1600af with b450 motherboard so i can play ps2 games on my computer well. Will this be my best bet for price? I was told my single thread performance needs to be 1600 or more to run and mines like around 1200.
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated. i got 12gb ram and Nvidia 750 GTX Ti graphics card as well windows 10 x64.

I also want to be able to run WWE 2k20 will this work i need SSE 4.2 for it to work apparently someone said.

Solution
That's a brand name computer, they are notoriously difficult to upgrade, specially those old ones. Best AMD CPU in that era and which just might work is Phenom II x6 1090t which wouldn't be much better save for 2 more cores.
Don't know about WWE 2k20 or if it would play.
Only other thing you could surely upgrade is GPU, GT 1050 for instance just not Ti because they need more power which connector that PSU probably doesn't have.
840t is not even possible to OC and I doubt that BIOS would let you either.
Sorry, but there's nothing more anybody can offer you for making that machine any better.
PS.
Make sure your Windows are clean and all drivers are up to date (if even possible). Also make sure any unnecessary programs...
ok i looked up standard is 250watts

can i get this for my cpu and it can work with what im getting?
https://www.replacepowersupply.com/550w-power-supply-p6719c.html
also where is best place for the 1600AF and the b450 motherboard?
Can't change CPU and MB only, you have DDR3 RAM and new systems require DDR4 and they are not compatible. 250W is not enough but that one you listed should do but that depends on GPU you choose. Any GPU without added power leads requirement should work fine at 500-550W PSU.
Instead of 1600AF/2600 processors maybe you should look for R5 3400G which has decent graphics without a need for dedicated GPU, That would give you much better performance than 750Ti

Jun 4, 2020
is there a cpu i can get that can just be an upgrade to my cpu that is sufficient enough for what i want?

Because i really dont need a new computer only some ps2 games got minor slowdown so i just want something a little bit faster enough for it to run the games normally.

To me it sounds like you have a prebuilt PC, in that case, what is it? Depending on what you have, you might need almost an entire new PC, including case. Some prebuilt cases are incompatible with any new hardware. If this is the case, the only thing you can keep is the storage and the GPU. The GPU could be good to upgrade anyway, but you can probably keep it. The Storage is also most likely reusable, but again, you would benefit from an upgrade.

Jun 4, 2020
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02743386

this is what i have with updated RAM and graphics card and hard drive. I was just wanting to see if i can upgrade the cpu processor to something better? Im not worried because majority of games work fine on this computer. its just some PS2 games that run a little slow. So i just want to know whats the best processor I can get for this computer that is compatible?

That's a brand name computer, they are notoriously difficult to upgrade, specially those old ones. Best AMD CPU in that era and which just might work is Phenom II x6 1090t which wouldn't be much better save for 2 more cores.
Don't know about WWE 2k20 or if it would play.
Only other thing you could surely upgrade is GPU, GT 1050 for instance just not Ti because they need more power which connector that PSU probably doesn't have.
840t is not even possible to OC and I doubt that BIOS would let you either.
Sorry, but there's nothing more anybody can offer you for making that machine any better.
PS.
Make sure your Windows are clean and all drivers are up to date (if even possible). Also make sure any unnecessary programs are disabled from outostart and don't take much resources, You can also disable any antivirus while you are playing, they can take quite a lot of resources. Enable them when you finish playing.

Solution