[SOLVED] I need help guys.

Aug 28, 2019
I was playing some cs and suddenly my screen went black and my gpu started spinning very fast. Anyone has some ideas what might be wrong? PS It happens very often.

Solution
Hey I havent put GPU in other machine yet but I did stress test again and it was all fine but again after I pressed ctrl+esc GPU went crazy.
Can be various reasons really, so no one solid answer. Could be anything from PSU or GPU not loking power load change when stress test is ending or starting, drivers misbehaving etc.

As I said, technically it could be software, but best trying GPU in another system or GPU in yours to help clarify. It's hard to identify software/hardware if it can't be replicated in safe mode and there are no spare parts to test.

it may be worth just as a check to download HWInfo and check the PSU voltages on the 12V, 3.3V, and 5.5V rails and log info over time, see if anything obvious is going abnormal...
-1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Please post your entire system spec including PSU make and model.
Have you monitored CPU and GPU temperatures under load?
Do you have latest drivers installed (not using a third party driver installer)?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?

Aug 28, 2019
Provide FULL and complete PC specs. What do you mean by "cs" ?? CSGO game ?
CS stands for counter strike.
PC specs:
CPU: Intel core i5 6600 3.3 GHz (without stock cooler)
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Rx 580 4 Gb OC edition

• Engine Clock: Up to 1366 MHz (Boost)
  • Memory: 4GB GDDR5 7000 MHz Effective
RAM: Dual channel 2 x 4 gb 2133 MHz
HDD: Western Digital 2TB 7200 RPM
SSD: LITE-ON IT 237 GB
MOBO: Gigabyte H110-D3A
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor: HP Compaq LA2205wg
Resolution 1680x1050
Case: Its sharkoon case from 2007 dont know the name but it has no fans.

Aug 28, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Please post your entire system spec including PSU make and model.
Have you monitored CPU and GPU temperatures under load?
Do you have latest drivers installed (not using a third party driver installer)?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?
PSU: Corsair VS550 550w
I have monitored temperatures and its al good.
My gpu temp. doesnt go higher than 75 degrees Celsius and my cpu temp. doesnt go higher than 50 degrees.
I installed all newest drivers on my gpu and motherboard.

Aug 28, 2019
and BIOS?

The VS series is a poor quality PSU in the scheme of things, and is renowned for causing various problems from experience. So this could be a culprit.

Does it only occur under load?
I built my pc three weeks ago and all parts were new except for CPU so I installed newest BIOS.
My problem is happening when I play games only not when I am surfing online.

Aug 28, 2019
and BIOS?

The VS series is a poor quality PSU in the scheme of things, and is renowned for causing various problems from experience. So this could be a culprit.

and BIOS?

Really? It could be from PSU? But i bought it new in the shop.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Reactions: Metal Messiah.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Firstly i would remove GPU and run on integrated to see if the black screens still occur.
Being as you can only replicate it in games, unfortunately we can't really test safe mode.

However it may be worth running Furmark to see if you can replicate the issue and might help identify if it is GPU.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
But my question is: How is insanely spinning GPU related to PSU then?
Because the PSU is the thing that provides all of the power to every other component. its taking AC from the wall which is high in variation, and trying to regulate it, so it's the gatehouse between the wall and your components. You only need fluctuation of about 5% on any PSU rail for it to have adverse affects on your PC.

At simplest terms, how the PSU powers your component can cause said component to do crazy things.

Don't get me wrong, I would sooner be looking at your GPU based on what you have described, thus the tests I have described above.

Poor quality PSUs are renowned for dying and taking out other components with them. Now the VS likely wouldn't be a ticking time bomb, but it's a budget PSU not really made for higher rigs, and i certainly have seen it cause multiple problems in the past, such as taking out other components, and causing blackouts etc.

But test the GPU first :)

Aug 28, 2019
Because the PSU is the thing that provides all of the power to every other component. its taking AC from the wall which is high in variation, and trying to regulate it, so it's the gatehouse between the wall and your components. You only need fluctuation of about 5% on any PSU rail for it to have adverse affects on your PC.

At simplest terms, how the PSU powers your component can cause said component to do crazy things.

Don't get me wrong, I would sooner be looking at your GPU based on what you have described, thus the tests I have described above.

Poor quality PSUs are renowned for dying and taking out other components with them. Now the VS likely wouldn't be a ticking time bomb, but it's a budget PSU not really made for higher rigs, and i certainly have seen it cause multiple problems in the past, such as taking out other components, and causing blackouts etc.

But test the GPU first :)
Hey I have tested it in Furmark at resolution my monitor is working and temp didnt go higher than 75 degrees and didnt crashed.

Aug 28, 2019
Well you only need 1 fail.

This would probably indicate there could be a GPU or PSU issue.
Easiest way to test would be to try the GPU in another machine or another GPU in your machine and retest.
Hey I havent put GPU in other machine yet but I did stress test again and it was all fine but again after I pressed ctrl+esc GPU went crazy.
Do you have any idea why is it happening after pressing?
I will try stress test again like I did with pressing and see if it happens again.