[SOLVED] I need help im desperate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2021
Im trying to install windows on a ssd using usb. The new ssd is a samsung ssd 870 evo 500gb, the windows installation cant see my ssd however in my bios (gigabyte x399 aorus pro) in my peripherals > raidxpert2 Configuration utility > physical disk management > view physical disk properties, I can clearly see my ssd. Im not sure what i should do I’ve tried the diskpart process using command prompt and im unsure how to change sata to ahci on this bios. Please help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
is it a sata ssd or nvme?
if its sata maybe set the Drive to AHCI instead of RAID, the installer might see it then.
If its an nvme, you don't really want it as RAID as you only have 1 drive?

reads second sentence...

page 55 - https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...1001_e.pdf?v=98032abc72e3f72344130cd474cc215e
under the CHipset header in advanced view of BIOS.

SATA Mode
Enables or disables RAID for the SATA controllers integrated in the Chipset or configures the SATA controllers to AHCI mode.
RAID Enables RAID for the SATA controller.
AHCI Configures the SATA controllers to AHCI mode. Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) is an interface specification that allows the storage driver to enable advanced Serial ATA features such as Native Command Queuing and hot plug. (Default)

Reactions: Blankart123
Status
Not open for further replies.