[SOLVED] I need help in adding new ram on my computer

Jul 8, 2020
Is fine to upgrade my ram, I'm not really sure about it tho. Currently I have 4gb ddr3 ram on my computer and Im afraid that Im gonna make mistakes in adding a new ram on my computer. does power supply matters when buying a new ram? Im buying 8gb ddr3 ram 1600mhz. Thank you in advance! sorry for my bad english

my pc specs:
i3 4170
H81m-k mother board
zotac gt 1030 (ddr5)
4gb ram 1600 mhz

Solution
Thank you so much sir! I almost made a mistake buying 8gb ram and pair it with my 4 gb ram. This helps a lot! and one more thing should I replace my 4gb ram with a newer one, I'll be buying 2x4gb ram or should I just buy one, 4gb of ram to save money.
Buying one and pairing it with the present one is risky, as I said, no guarantees. (And if it doesn't work, you have to buy a 2x4gb kit again and throw away two 4gb kits. That'll be expensive)
Replacing the present one with a 2x4gb kit is better.

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
Is fine to upgrade my ram, I'm not really sure about it tho. Currently I have 4gb ddr3 ram on my computer and Im afraid that Im gonna make mistakes in adding a new ram on my computer. does power supply matters when buying a new ram? Im buying 8gb ddr3 ram 1600mhz. Thank you in advance! sorry for my bad english

my pc specs:
i3 4170
H81m-k mother board
zotac gt 1030 (ddr5)
4gb ram 1600 mhz
2X4GB (paired from manufacturer) sticks would be better but nothing to worry about using 1x8gb.
And as for PSU, RAMs don't require much power. No need to worry about the PSU.

Jul 8, 2020
hey Thank you so much sir! I have one last question, does 2x4GB better than 1x8GB and 1x4GB RAM. Im thinking about adding 8GB RAM to my 4GB RAM.

Last edited:

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
hey Thank you so much sir! I have one last question, does 2x4GB better than 1x8GB and 1x4GB RAM. Im thinking about adding 8GB RAM to my 4GB RAM.
mixing ram isn't good. might cause system instabilty. Buy paired 2x4gb or a single 8gb stick. And if you want you can get a 2x8gb kit. But do not mix RAMs which didn't come paired from the manufacturer.

Jul 8, 2020
Thank you so much sir! I almost made a mistake buying 8gb ram and pair it with my 4 gb ram. This helps a lot! and one more thing should I replace my 4gb ram with a newer one, I'll be buying 2x4gb ram or should I just buy one, 4gb of ram to save money.

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
Buying one and pairing it with the present one is risky, as I said, no guarantees. (And if it doesn't work, you have to buy a 2x4gb kit again and throw away two 4gb kits. That'll be expensive)

Solution
Jul 8, 2020
Thank you so much sir! you helped me alot. I forgot to ask heheh which on is better 2x4gb ram or 8 gb

TRENDING THREADS