[SOLVED] I need help my PC ran in problems

cactusgames14

Reputable
Nov 10, 2018
So I Oc my ram and I told my cousin that my PC kept getting blue screen and he said y would u Oc ram when you don’t know stable area for it and then he said RESET YOUR CMOS but idk where the cmos button is on the msi x470 gaming plus

Solution
Turn the machine off and unplug it. Press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds to drain any remaining power.

Once this is done, hold the clear CMOS button for at least 5 seconds.

After that's done, feel free to plug it back in and turn it on. It will have forgotten the date and time, as well as any BIOS settings you have changed.
If I had to guess, the clear CMOS button is on the bottom of the board under the lowest red slot. It looks to be just to the right of a fan connector down there.

It's just a small black button on top of a silver switch cover. I've circled it in the below image.

ZladjOu.png

cactusgames14

Reputable
Nov 10, 2018

Thx and do u think it is my ram bc my windows went to a blue screen (I didn’t tell him I Oc my ram rn) first so he told me to reinstall windows I do that and now it kept says PC unexpectedly restarted I look at Microsoft help and it fixed the problem but then when I logged on every five mins it would go to blue screen and restart and another 5 mins and happens again ( now I told him I Oc my 3000MHZ RAM which was running at 2400)

cactusgames14

Reputable
Nov 10, 2018

O and I press the button and that’s it I can turn PC on right away or do I hold button for a while then wait a while then turn PC on

Turn the machine off and unplug it. Press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds to drain any remaining power.

Once this is done, hold the clear CMOS button for at least 5 seconds.

After that's done, feel free to plug it back in and turn it on. It will have forgotten the date and time, as well as any BIOS settings you have changed.

Solution