I need help resetting my PC

Justin21

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
I did my first build, later I got an extra sata cable and I tried to add it on, clone everything over to make it my boot device, and at first it did work. Then I tried to add the HDD back in, and I couldnt get it to boot. After that no matter what I did, it would not boot.

I came to the point where I was just gonna try to reinstall windows. It won't let me. I tried using windows reset option to erase everything and reinstall it. It wouldn't let me. I tried using it's advance configurations to fix it, everything basically told me to try another option, none of which worked because they said the same thing.

I need help wiping this PC, or getting booted up again so I can start over clean.
I have nothing important on it yet, I don't care if I lose everything I had so far.

I do have access to a laptop if I need to download anything from that.

I really appreciate any help.

George Phillips

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
Make sure the SATA cables are all reliable and not faulty. A faulty SATA cable could damage the data inside a drive and/or OS files on the drive. If you have several SATA cables, test one drive with one cable at a time to identify the origin of the issue, which could be one of the drives or one of the cables.