Question I need help updating my motherboard's BIOS ?

Apr 22, 2024
Motherboard: ASRock B550M-C

I am very new to this and I need help updating my BIOS which is like a year old.
I don’t know what usb spot to plug it in to for updating it.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The cyber power said I should to update my bios and what is this do Patch UEFI LogoFail vulnerabilities.
That is the kind of question you can Google easily:

LogoFAIL vulnerabilities are a set of flaws in UEFI system firmware that allow hackers to bypass security checks and execute malware on startup. The vulnerabilities arise from flaws in image parsing libraries that display logos during the boot process or in BIOS setup. These flaws include heap-based buffer overflow flaws and out-of-bounds reads.

You have mentioned both Nvidia and CyberPower, are you working with them to resolve specific issues?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Well, for us to make suggestions on your problems, you would need to describe them, in detail, so we can understand the situation.

In addition, we need a complete listing of all installed components (make/model of each). Details matter.

Assuming this is a CyberPower system, they are notorious for quality issues, especially with power supplies.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What is the make/model of the power supply?

What are your CPU and GPU operating temperatures at idle and under load?

Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

Are you connected to a 2.4 or 5 Ghz wireless network?

Are your devices drivers and Windows fully updated?

Do you update the motherboard BIOS as previously discussed?

Last, please try to respond with complete sentences. The multiple typos and misspellings make it difficult to understand what you are trying to say.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Updating the BIOS is not likely to solve your issues, regardless of what the "professionals" said.

Most of the folks helping you so far are professionals, who volunteer to help others. Just something to be aware of.

Help desk support will often tell you to update the BIOS to get you out of their hair.

Let us know how things are after your update.

Apr 22, 2024
@GolGeek this what they say to me
Dear Everest,

Thanks for your reply.

Please refer to the following link to download the latest BIOS 3.41 ( AGESA Combo V2 PI 1.2.0.C).

Link: https://download.asrock.com/BIOS/AM4/B550M-C(L3.41)ROM.zip

How to Update BIOS: https://asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS11

Step 1. Please extract the zip file after downloading the BIOS rom file from ASRock website.
Step 2. Save the BIOS files on a FAT32 formatted USB disk.
Step 3. Press [F2] during POST to get into BIOS setup menu.
Step 4. Select the Instant Flash utility under [Tool] menu to execute it.

Last edited by a moderator: