Question I need help with a new install of windows 10, i have a i7 8700k cpu. Asus prime z370a motherboard, zotac 1080 to graphics card, computer used to work

Sep 8, 2020
I7 8700k
Asus z370 a prime motherboard
Zotac 1080 ti gpu
2 gskill trident z rgb ram 16 gb
Rm 850x corsair power

Computer used to work, I started getting blue screens of death, whea uncorectable error, I tried narrowing things down but couldn't figure it out, tried replacing my hdd and can now get to the point of installation of windows until it crashes, I've turned off xmp in bios and tried aswell, not sure where to go with this any help would be greatly appreciated, pics if needed

Sep 8, 2020
Cmos would be the battery thats on the motherboard right? I tried removing graphics card and it did actually start to install windows. It got to around 11% and crashed again, this time it was "machine check exception" code

Cmos would be the battery thats on the motherboard right? I tried removing graphics card and it did actually start to install windows. It got to around 11% and crashed again, this time it was "machine check exception" code
Yes the coin battery on the motherboard. Shut down, unplug the computer and remove the battery for at least 30 seconds.
I don't think the optane memory should be causing a problem, but you can just remove it to see if that helps.

Reactions: Jakeup

frederickalliston

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 12, 2020
To install Windows 10, certain conditions must be fulfilled.

For example, disk partitions and BIOS configuration.

Hardware problems may cause file copy errors during the Windows installation process.
If you try to reinstall Windows due to crashes, bugs, BSOD, and other problems, and Windows installation is not successful, then you should consider a hardware problem that disrupts the operation of the computer and prevents Windows installation.

Before installation, unplug all USB devices (external hard drive etc).
But first, check the health of your hard disk.
So you can perform a SMART test: Checking the health of your hard disk drive.

Finally Think that your support, USB flash drive may be damaged.

Do not hesitate to test the installation with another USB device.