Question I need help with my first pc build, regarding the air-flow

Apr 8, 2019
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2g23xG

These are the parts that I decided to buy for my first gaming pc.

This particular pc case comes with a front and rear mounted fan, and I thought of getting the Corsair H100i CPU cooler because i think it looks kinda dope and it will be usefull in case I want to upgrade my Cpu in the future.
The problem is that I don't know if I should mount the radiator on top as an exhaust or on the front of the case.
Also if I mount it on the top, should I buy extra fans for the front of my case, so that there is a positive air flow?
And which way should the radiator face?
Thanks in advance.

mtyms818

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
The radiator for my H60 is mounted on the back of my case. Though I'm sure the direction the radiator is facing won't make that big of a difference, I would place it on the front of your case.
Depending on the power of your CPU, buy fans accordingly. I have a cheap little 30 dollar fan on the top of my case just to help air circulate to and from the case.
Otherwise, you shouldn't have to worry that much about it.

Reactions: ChrisPhantom
The top sounds good to me with the front fans blowing directly on to the GPU. There is no wrong answer. The CPU will be well cooled wherever you place the H100i, intake or exhaust. So your next question should be, how can I cool the GPU the best. Bottom intake fans work well too for cooling the GPU, but if the PC is on the floor they bring in a lot of dust.

Mar 31, 2019
I personally would recommend the rear of the case if your casing does allow for space most cases dont have space for a radiator mount on the rear however from my personal experience i have found it better at the rear making sure the pipes from radiator are towards the ground and specifically put it in a pull to push configuration which means two fans on radiator one on the inside blows towards the radiator the one on the outside of radiator pushes the hot air out this configuration gave me the best results without a doubt i found in my tests that on top the heat would gather at the top i still have one 120 mm fan for top out heat exhaust and the rear is suitable keeping in mind theres some 2 feet of space which remains open for hot air to circulate away from case