Apr 7, 2020
I have my system, specs are:
CPU: i7-7700k with CRYORIG H7 Quad Lumi
PSU: Thermaltake Smart BX1RGB 750W
GPU: I have 2 Powercolor Red Dragon 4gb RX 570's in crossfire
Mobo: GIGABYTE G1 Sniper B7

After I have my computer on for about 3-4 hours, I am getting both of my GPU's usage spiking. They go from 4%-97% and they fluctuate. I have tried scowering the internet for solutions but I am out of options. It does give me tremendous lag when I am gaming. It's as if the screen freezes for about 7 seconds but I am still able to move my mouse. I also get this issue when I am idle in my pc not doing anything as well. I have already tried DDU'ing my computer and did a fresh install when a new AMD driver comes out still same issue.

Please help me people!!!!

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the spikes.

Apply Task Manager or Resource Monitor (one at a time) to observe system performance.

What are you doing when the GPU's spike? Gaming noted - what games?

Apr 7, 2020
I am not sure where to find Reliability History. I can be doing anything when the GPU usage spikes, browsing the web, playing games, browsing my files, having discord open. It's also any game that I play, it's not tied to a specific game.

Apr 7, 2020
Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the spikes.

Apply Task Manager or Resource Monitor (one at a time) to observe system performance.

What are you doing when the GPU's spike? Gaming noted - what games?
I found Reliability Monitor but I am not seeing anything unusual

Ralston18

Titan
Very good.

First watch Resource Monitor while doing nothing. Just let the system run and "idle". Watch for some background app or process that may launch. (Could be something inTask Scheduler).

Continue to watch Resource Monitor (drag the window to one side) while you do light work and/or browsing.

Then lastly while gaming.

Repeat the same process but use Task Manager instead.

Another thought: 2 GPUs' - correct? In any case, add up the wattage requirements for all installed components. If a wattage range is provided use the high end value.

For a GPU use the manufacturer's recommended PSU Wattage. (450 Watt minimum if I correctly matched the RX 570 GPU.) And you have two...

Your system may be exceeding the 750 watts provided by the Thermaltake PSU. Beyond the listed hardware specs what else is installed: drives, fans, USB devices, etc.?

Also - When new drivers come out manually download the drivers via the manufacturer's website. Then reinstall and reconfigure the drivers yourself. No third party tools.

Apr 7, 2020
I am not seeing anything wrong program wise with these cards. Also when I just had 1 of these RX 570's I still got the spiking GPU usage with the 750W PSU.