I need help with my new pc build

p.petridis12345

Commendable
Oct 17, 2017
So I am building my first pc and I chose pcpartpicker because it tells you some information about your PC build. I chose the parts I wanted and it said parts are compatible but it had under it to see notes and there it said this:

ASRock - Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Aerocool - Strike-X One ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports. Does it matter. What do I do?

And there was one that said this:

Unable to verify the Aerocool - Strike-X One ATX Mid Tower Case and the Cooler Master - Hyper TX3 Evo 43.1 CFM CPU Cooler are compatible.

So I already bought all these components and want to see if I can fix the first one with something and the second one I want to know if the cooler I chose is compatible with the case.
Also which is better psu the EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 or the EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 (they have no difference in pricing)
And does the aerocool strike x one have 130mm or 140mm for the power supply?

Thank you.
PS(already bought the case, motherboard, and cooler

Solution

Yes, you will be able to use the ports on the front and the back. Some cases, in addition to USB 2.0 ports, also have USB 3.0 ports on the front. Your...

The first compatibility issue means that you won't be able to use the header for the USB on the motherboard, as the case does not have a port for it, meaning, it does not have a section for you to plug it into in the front of case. This means you can only plug the usb in on the back IO plate.

The second one is simply pcpartpicker telling you it does not have the dimensions for either to see whether they fit. You will find out only when you put them together.

Choose either of that PSU.

What do you mean by the last question? There are no fans for a psu afaik.

ASRock - Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Aerocool - Strike-X One ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports. Does it matter. What do I do?

This is not a problem. You just wont be able to use the USB 3.0 feature on the motherboard because the case does not have 3.0 connections. Your motherboard probably has USB 3.0 on the back I/O, so it is not a loss. Even if it does not have USB 3.0, it is not a necessity.

Unable to verify the Aerocool - Strike-X One ATX Mid Tower Case and the Cooler Master - Hyper TX3 Evo 43.1 CFM CPU Cooler are compatible.

The Hyper TX3 is 139mm high and the case supports up to 158mm high CPU cooler. So you want have any issue there.

Both of those PSUs are aweswom. The G3 is newer, so I guess you can go with that. But no one ever made a mistake by getting a G2.

Additionally, what CPU did you buy? Are you going to overclock? The Hyper TX3 is not a very good CPU cooler and you wont be able to overclock much. If your Ryzen CPU has a stock cooler, it may do better than the Hyper TX3. Just something to consider.

p.petridis12345

Commendable
Oct 17, 2017
So by not having that 3.0 USB header will I be able to use the two USB ports on the front aswell on the back? I mean does it work normally?
The power supply says that is is 140mm for example will I be able to get the 140mm psu for that case, will it fit?
Also I have the AMD ryzen 1600x and I'm not planning to overclock anytime soon. If I do plan to overclock I will get a better cooler of course.
And if the pcpartpicker says parts are compatible (besides these 2 that I told you which you said there is not really any problem) means that everything is ok to work normally?

Yes, you will be able to use the ports on the front and the back. Some cases, in addition to USB 2.0 ports, also have USB 3.0 ports on the front. Your motherboard supports those ports. But the case you chose does not have USB 3.0 ports on the front. Which is perfectly fine, it is just a feature that the motherboard has that you wont use.

The PSU will fit perfectly in your case. Everything is compatible and you should not have any issues.

Solution