[SOLVED] I need help with windows 7 cd/dvd installation. PLZ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2019
Whenever I try to install Windows 7 using my repair disk I get this: Select the driver to be installed. But apparently I don't have any device drivers installed. I don't have an operating system so i cant download anything off the web and most of the tutorials i look at is for the USB stick 3.0.

Here are my specs:
CPU: Intel pentium 4
It's on a Dimension 5100.

I also don't have any USB sticks or a computer with good internet connection to go on the web on. and I also don't have SATA drivers. Any help?

Solution
You cannot do a full install from a repair disk. You need a full installation disk.

You may be able to download it from Microsoft but will need a product key that should be on a sticker on your computer.

If you have no Internet access you cannot get the disk image, perhaps you have a friend or relative with a computer. You will still need to make the disk image onto a USB stick or DVD on the system that you use to download.

An alternative would be to contact Dell or just buy a new OS installation disk, but either will cost you.
2 things wrong with that:

1. OEM keys can't be used to download from the Microsoft site.
  2. All OEM's were required to stop providing Windows 7 discs when Windows 10 was released to...

RealBeast

Titan
You cannot do a full install from a repair disk. You need a full installation disk.

You may be able to download it from Microsoft but will need a product key that should be on a sticker on your computer.

If you have no Internet access you cannot get the disk image, perhaps you have a friend or relative with a computer. You will still need to make the disk image onto a USB stick or DVD on the system that you use to download.

An alternative would be to contact Dell or just buy a new OS installation disk, but either will cost you.

2 things wrong with that:

1. OEM keys can't be used to download from the Microsoft site.
  2. All OEM's were required to stop providing Windows 7 discs when Windows 10 was released to the OEM channel.

Solution

Notorious^

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
You can download windows 10 for free from Microsoft and install it without a Key. You will need a USB flash drive to put it on. During the install when it comes to the screen to type in your key, click below that where it says "i don't have a key" or something like that.

This will get windows going on your machine but you won't have all the features of Windows 10 till you activate it. But you will be able to open a browser with it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.