Question I need some type of wall mount for my monitor.

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Hello Everyone!

I currently have a Television monitor for my PC mounted on my wall. But the edges of the display are off the screen. There's resolution that will fix it. So I need to swap it out for a pc monitor that I have. It's an LG 32MA68HY-P 32-Inch monitor it has no holes on the back to use the mount that's already there. Can you help me find some kind of mount that I can use to put this on my wall? It needs to be about 12 inches higher than the top of my desk.

Thank you, thank you!

Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The mount is typically referred to as VESA (with the four screw holes)

In this case, look at the stand that comes with the TV and see if it pulls down to allow a different mount, which will probably be manufacturer only, to mate up there and wall mount. The only way I have seen this type was on an articulating arm, not close surface mount.

Reactions: Why_Me

USAFRet

Titan
Reactions: punkncat

Lutfij

Titan
If you look at the rear of your monitor;
lg-lcd-32MA68HY-P-5-600x600.jpg

You'll see 4 holes that correspond to the 200mm x100mm spacing. Remove the stand for the monitor and then add a wall mount bracket with those dimensions;
and you're good to go.

Reactions: punkncat

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
If you look at the rear of your monitor;
lg-lcd-32MA68HY-P-5-600x600.jpg

You'll see 4 holes that correspond to the 200mm x100mm spacing. Remove the stand for the monitor and then add a wall mount bracket with those dimensions;
and you're good to go.
wow totally missed that! Thank you SO muxh!

Ralston18

Titan
Very good that the monitor supports wall mounting via VESA.

I will add the thought that what is most important overall is that the host wall mount is secured into wall studs and not just the drywall/sheetrock.

Use a stud finder to be sure.

Modern drywall/sheetrock on its' own will not hold for very long especially if some sort of articulating arm is used.....

Just my thoughts on the matter.

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Very good that the monitor supports wall mounting via VESA.

I will add the thought that what is most important overall is that the host wall mount is secured into wall studs and not just the drywall/sheetrock.

Use a stud finder to be sure.

Modern drywall/sheetrock on its' own will not hold for very long especially if some sort of articulating arm is used.....

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Got it! Thank you very much!
I'm still having the darndest time finding one! The problem is that it needs to be 2 1/2 inches out from the wall because all the plugs are in the back. All the ones I'm finding are either too far out or not far enough. If any jump out at you guys please let me know!

USAFRet

Titan
Solution

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010