[SOLVED] I need to get files restored to new lap top that were backed up with NTI Backup Now EZ from old laptop that died.

Aug 30, 2021
Backed up from laptop "A" with NTI Backup Now EZ ver 3.0.2.32

Need to restore some files to new laptop "B"

Solution
https://www.nticorp.com/support-FAQs-bnez-txt.html

Question:
How to view File and Folder backup files?
Answer:
To view the contents of your file and folder backup, you just need to click on the restore button on the bottom of the main screen for Backup Now EZ. This will open the file and folder restore. The file and folder restore should automatically find your "File and Folder.CAL" file and display your most recent restore point. If the restore point it finds is not for the system, you can click on the browse button (folder icon) to browse to your "File and Folder.CAL" file. If you want to look at an earlier restore point, you can change the restore point by clicking on the restore point dropdown list and...
https://www.nticorp.com/support-FAQs-bnez-txt.html

Question:
How to view File and Folder backup files?
Answer:
To view the contents of your file and folder backup, you just need to click on the restore button on the bottom of the main screen for Backup Now EZ. This will open the file and folder restore. The file and folder restore should automatically find your "File and Folder.CAL" file and display your most recent restore point. If the restore point it finds is not for the system, you can click on the browse button (folder icon) to browse to your "File and Folder.CAL" file. If you want to look at an earlier restore point, you can change the restore point by clicking on the restore point dropdown list and selecting your desired restore point. If you want to view the contents of your file and folder backup on a system that does not have Backup Now EZ installed, you can go into your ADATA drive, open the Restore folder and run the "RestoreStarter" application. This will start the standalone restore application.

Question:
All of my backup files on my external hard drive are ".NBF" file extension, how do I restore?
Answer:
In the My Files folder on your destination drive, you should have a "File and Folder.CAL" file and your File and Folder*.NBF files. The CAL file is Catalog file used to track which files are in which NBF files. To restore this, you can click on the Restore button in the main screen for Backup Now EZ or you can open the action menu and click on restore from the main screen for Backup Now EZ. Then your backup will be automatically selected and you will be able to select your desired restore point. Then you will be able to select the files you want to restore and restore them. The Complete system backup can only be restored by booting from a bootable USB HDD or USB Flash drive made in Backup Now EZ by running the Create Bootable Disc tool in the Tools menu in Backup Now EZ.

Solution