I need to know a few things.

Yvon

I'm a newbie at this so be patient with me.
1 -Why are so many people asking to unlock cell phones?
Is it because a Rogers phone cannot be activated with Bell and unlocking it
will solve the problem?

2-Can a person with bad credit get a contract from someone without credit
checks? I'm not talking about pay as you go, but a contract, 1-2-3 years.

3- Is there someone out there that wants someone to take over their contract
without having my name on it?

I've had a very bad experience with Bell 3 years ago, they tapped me with a
$770.00 long distance bill to Cuba which I refused to pay (Don't know anyone
there), and because of it, they blackmailed my credit.

Any info would be appreciated.

1) A Rogers phone cannot be activated with Bell because they use different
technologies. Rogers uses GSM while I believe that Bell used CDMA. People
get their phones unlocked so they can use them with different service
providers that use the same technology. For example, an unlocked Rogers
phone will work with Fido (both use GSM technology). All you have to do with
GSM unlocked phones is put the SIM card from the other service provider into
the unlocked phone and it will work. With a locked phone, you will get a
message on your phone that says "Invalid SIM" or "Wrong SIM". Getting an
unlocked GSM phone is great for travellers since they only have to purchase
a SIM from the country they are visiting and use prepaid minutes which are
often cheaper than what their regular service provider will charge when you
calculate the roaming charges and long distance charges.

2) I believe so but it will require a large deposit on the customer who has
the bad credit. The airtime of the customer will also never be allowed to
exceed the amount of the customer's initial deposit.

3) I'm not sure about this since it is risky for the person who will do this
with you... unless the person you are asking to do this with you knows you
very well and trusts you since you can stiff him/her with a very large bill.
Since his/her name is ultimately on the contract, he/she is liable for the
charges and it will affect his/her credit rating.

4) Sounds like a typical Bell move... sorry to hear about that.

I hope that this answers your questions.