I need to know whats causing bad gaming experience?is it my cpu?

Dec 29, 2018
Right let's start with specs
-i5 3470k 3.2ghz
-8gb ram
-nvidia GeForce gtx 1050ti
-1000gb hdd
-128gb ssd
-asus motherboard dont really know which one.. its compatible with ddr3 and can hold max 16gb of ram thats all i know.
-oh and monitor 2560x1080 21:9 60hz

games-mostly use vsync because of monitor

-fortnite 60fps works great with the setting i want
-CSGO 200 fps no problem at all with it
-PUBG 40-60fps even if im on high or low settings
-battlefield 1 - damn 40fps high or low even with screen render resolution at 25%

Problem- On more demanding games( battlefield 1 , pubg ,etc) my cpu is always at 100% . so maybe a new processor?
8GB ram maybe th problem . Im fine with getting 16GB RAM
it feels like im in the middle of minimum requirments and recomended requirments which i dont think is the problem ...
i try the boosts and i see no difference i look up everything and nothing except this site helps me a little but i never posted a discussion , so anyone who knows how to do all this please help ;(

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
The bottleneck is definitely the cpu which is represented by the fact that it is sitting at 100%. A lot of newer games like Battlefield 1 run significantly better on cpus that have 6+ cores, or at least 4 cores and 8 threads. Your cpu has 4 cores and 4 threads and also a lower clock speed than the minimum requirement. Overclocking it will probably get you a noticeable fps improvement until you figure out what you want to upgrade.

Battlefield on low has surprisingly low requirements on the GPU,he also used resolution scale to 25% so that's far below 1080.