[SOLVED] I need to remote desktop with my Quickbooks accountant, and need help on what program to use and how.

g725s

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Because of what is going on with Covid-19 I am needing for my 68yo accountant to remote into my Windows 10 desktop so she can help me with some Quickbooks Desktop issues I am having.

What would be the best program to have her remote into my Windows PC so that both of us could control it at the same time and work with Quickbooks on my Windows PC?

We can talk on the phone while she has access to my PC via some sort of remote desktop viewer.

Should I use something like the built in Window Remote Desktop or a program like Teamviewer?

She is not savvy with any remote desktop programs as she has never needed to use one until now.

Ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

g725s

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Yes, you download the program and it will walk you through exactly how to set up if you are the client or the 'call in'. It will give you a code for the other person to connect and blammo. Super easy.
Real quick. I assume that both of us will need to install it on our computers, right?

Also will both of us be able to have control of my PC together? Or will just one person?
It would be best if I could also control the mouse and do things on my computer as she is watching. Or she could also take control and make changes.

USAFRet

Titan
Also will both of us be able to have control of my PC together? Or will just one person?
It would be best if I could also control the mouse and do things on my computer as she is watching. Or she could also take control and make changes.
Yes. I just tested this to verify.

A single PC and monitor.
Local user and TeamViewer user.

Either can control what happens on that screen with their mouse/kbd.
Obviously the mouse does not split into two. But...you stop moving the mouse, she moves the mouse, and vice versa. No problem.

Reactions: g725s

g725s

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Yes. I just tested this to verify.

A single PC and monitor.
Local user and TeamViewer user.

Either can control what happens on that screen with their mouse/kbd.
Obviously the mouse does not split into two. But...you stop moving the mouse, she moves the mouse, and vice versa. No problem.
Awesome this could work out great. I have a feeling we should have been using this program before all this craziness anyway.

djtrex

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Just a heads up. Teamviewer has been using some kind of software to check your IP address in order to evaluate if you are a business address or not. My FREE account has been flagged as a business account a few times when i was using a business wifi to access my personal computer at home. They then limit your use because they think you are a business and then try to make you purchase a business account. NOT FREE for business use. Many complaints from legit FREE personal users getting flagged for business use.

USAFRet

Titan
Just a heads up. Teamviewer has been using some kind of software to check your IP address in order to evaluate if you are a business address or not. My FREE account has been flagged as a business account a few times when i was using a business wifi to access my personal computer at home. They then limit your use because they think you are a business and then try to make you purchase a business account. NOT FREE for business use. Many complaints from legit FREE personal users getting flagged for business use.
I've had that happen on and off.
Literally between systems in my living room.

Currently, it is working just fine.