I ordered RX 6800 XT used for mining through cargo from company with 6 months warranty but i don't want to recieve the card

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardcoreGamer27

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
Like the title says I ordered RX 6800 XT used for mining through cargo delivery for 400 euro from trusted Company with 6 months warranty that claims that the GPU is in perfect condition and used only 4 months for mining but i dont want to recieve the card because i am scared that the card has been modified for mining with flashed bios,overclocked memory clock,no display ports etc.. from the miner
So i am little woried about all these things the card should arrive tomorrow on Monday through cargo transport but i am thinking of not answering the call when the cargo arrives.
So what do you guys think

Last edited:

HardcoreGamer27

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
I don't know the terms and conditions of your purchase. They would be specified by your agreement when you made the purchase. I have zero knowledge of that as I was not a party.
Ok you know what im gonna recieve the card as i already made the order so it would not be fair from my side if it is bad i have 6 months warranty.

Last edited:

NaClKnight

Prominent
Dec 7, 2022
Like the title says I ordered RX 6800 XT used for mining through cargo delivery for 400 euro from trusted Company with 6 months guarantee that claims that the GPU is in perfect condition and used only 4 months for mining but i dont want to recieve the card because i am scared that the card has been modified for mining with flashed bios,overclocked memory clock,no display ports etc.. from the miner
So i am little woried about all these things the card should arrive tomorrow on Monday through cargo transport but i am thinking of not answering the call when the cargo arrives.
So what do you guys think
If your purchase includes a 6 month warranty that should be more than long enough to verify functionality, then benchmark it, check the VBIOS, and ensure it performs similarly to a normal 6800 XT. After that you've done your due diligence and may as well trust the card. No point in babying it if you have the warranty. Use it. test it. Assuage your fears

without knowing the exact terms of your agreement i can't advise on accepting the shipment or not

Reactions: HardcoreGamer27

HardcoreGamer27

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
If your purchase includes a 6 month warranty that should be more than long enough to verify functionality, then benchmark it, check the VBIOS, and ensure it performs similarly to a normal 6800 XT. After that you've done your due diligence and may as well trust the card. No point in babying it if you have the warranty. Use it. test it. Assuage your fears

without knowing the exact terms of your agreement i can't advise on accepting the shipment or not
I was gonna recieve the card anyhow because brand new in my country is like 850 euros at lowest and 1000 euros at highest in some shops and thats crazy expensive for the RX 6800 XT so 400 euros is a good deal and im willing to risk although it is not much of a risk because i have 6 months of warranty and the shop from which i ordered the GPU is a shop for rеpairing gpus and mobos and every other part of the pc so i think i am good.

Reactions: NaClKnight
If you have a 6 month warranty, check it with gpu z to see what vbios it’s got. If that checks out to be a factory vbios then run the cards hard before the warranty runs out. If it goes a couple of weeks to a month you are probably fine. I think Linus did a video a couple of months back testing mined vs non mined cards and they were pretty close. The conclusion he seemed to draw was the mining didn’t seem to hurt most of them too badly. So if it works then you got a nice discount.

Reactions: HardcoreGamer27

HardcoreGamer27

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
If you have a 6 month warranty, check it with gpu z to see what vbios it’s got. If that checks out to be a factory vbios then run the cards hard before the warranty runs out. If it goes a couple of weeks to a month you are probably fine. I think Linus did a video a couple of months back testing mined vs non mined cards and they were pretty close. The conclusion he seemed to draw was the mining didn’t seem to hurt most of them too badly. So if it works then you got a nice discount.
Yes im gonna do that gpu z is a nice little program that gives all the information about the GPU from bios to firmware clock speed memory speed...i will be able to see if it is overclocked with GPU z

HardcoreGamer27

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
I think if you go to techpowerup that if you look up that model it will probably show the stock clocks etc.
GPUZ automatically leads you to techpowerup where you will be presented with the exact model no need to searh the model on techpower you just need to open GPUZ and click on the Lookup button right next to the name of your GPU

Last edited:
Reactions: ohio_buckeye

HardcoreGamer27

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
There you go you already know what to do. Hope you enjoy the card. I’ve got a 6700xt on the way should be in tomorrow. Wanted the 6800xt but just a bit more than I wanted to spend.
You too man enjoy your new gpu ,the RX 6700 XTis great card for 1440p resolution while RX 6800 XT is 1440p and 4k

Status
Not open for further replies.