Question I plan to buy Asus TUF F15, but I have a few questions.

BigLouis1971

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2013
I plan to buy this laptop: Asus TUF F15, first I would like to clarify some doubts.
1) How can know if the laptop is Gsync compatible?
2) Can I add a second GPU via Thunderbolt connector and render with two video cards?
3) Is it priced right?
4) Do you know about the sturdiest alternative in this price range?

Hy there,

To answer some of your questions:

1. The laptop panel itself does not have native G-sync. However, you can connect it to a monitor with Freesync (these are sometimes cheaper) or a G-sync qualified monitor to use g-sync. With a Freesync model, you do need to use either DP cable or HDMI 2.1 cable, and the monitor will then run in Gsync once turned on.

2. Not sure on this one. It seems like it should work based on the laptop specs. Might be limited bandwidth in certain scenarios, but I would think it's possible.

3. It's pretty well specced, and is also a refurb? Am I right? Given it's that, I'd say the price is on the resonable side. However, on the GPU, it doesn't say which version - Like a 90w version or a 14w version. The latter being more performant.

4. In terms of spec, I don't think you'd find the same for a new laptop as you would for this.Less performant for sure, IMO