Question I plugged a USB device in and now the PC won't start ?

Jul 8, 2024
Hello everyone

Yesterday my computer was working until i plugged a usb into one of the case ports, first the monitor showed the blue screen of death and then the PC turned off.
Now when I try to power it back on the CPU light stays on, the fans turn but there is no display output.

My specs are:
PSU: bequiet! Pure power 11 500W
CPU: RYZEN 5 3600
GPU: RTX 2060
MOTHERBOARD: MSI B550A Pro
RAM 2x8 DDR4 3200 CRUCIAL
1 SABRENT SSD M.2
1 samsung ssd 870 EVO

I am kinda desperate
Thank you in advance

Edit:
After removing all RAM the CPU turns on, then off, and then the DRAM led stays on.

Last edited:

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Hello everyone

Yesterday my computer was working until i plugged a usb into one of the case ports, first the monitor showed the blue screen of death and then the PC turned off.
Now when I try to power it back on the CPU light stays on, the fans turn but there is no display output.

My specs are:
PSU: bequiet! Pure power 11 500W
CPU: RYZEN 5 3600
GPU: RTX 2060
MOTHERBOARD: MSI B550A Pro
RAM 2x8 DDR4 3200 CRUCIAL
1 SABRENT SSD M.2
1 samsung ssd 870 EVO

I am kinda desperate
Thank you in advance

Edit:
Removing all RAM the CPU turns on, then off And then the DRAM led stays on
try the suggestions here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/t...rformance/windows-boot-issues-troubleshooting

Jul 8, 2024
But did you actually use a jumper or at least use a screwdriver to short the pins for 10-15 seconds to clear the CMOS right next to the CMOS battery -- the 2 pins are labeled JBAT1 right on the motherboard?
I unplugged the main plug from the tower, removed the CMOS battery, shorted the pins, pressed the power button a few times , plugged everything in and still nothing.

Jul 8, 2024
Update: since I tried for 2 days everything that I found on the internet and nothing changed I brought the pc to a repair shop,
I will keep this question open so I can update on what was the problem (if they find it)