[SOLVED] I probably have destroyed my motherboard?

ChangedNamedCz

Prominent
Jun 18, 2020
I just fixed my issue with bad PC start up.Now it loads, but all i ever see Is that System Will shut Down for 15 seconds And bla bla. That error, im really desperate. I had before that only two working USB ports, i did try to plug in old controller And after few minutes i got Blue screen with Kernel_security_check_failure or what was it like. Then i tried to run it again And then that error. I red somewhere, that if the USB port Is on my motherboard And no cable connected, that it destroyed whole motherboard or PSU. Thats all just because i tried to plug into USB port old controller?

Solution
Will try, but i got through the shutdown error. Now when i turn on electricity ať the back of PC, it automatic starts, but monitor doesnt display And no beep sound, which Is my second problém. Ithink USB had flats touching side od it and thats why it happened. Anyway, the CPU fan Is running, psu fan Is running, graphic Card fan not running, but it does light And has PCI-E cable in IT. Any suggestions, please?

Pull the bios reset pin. Then unplug it and push power to make sure everything is drained of power. Then repaste the cpu. Strip any extra components and restart.

Its hard to blow a motherboard through a usb short. They use polyfuses which blow when there is too much current.

ChangedNamedCz

Prominent
Jun 18, 2020
did you put new thermal paste when you put the cpu fan back on?

only if there is a short.
That Blue screen was before all that System Will shutdown bla bla. I did touch the CPU when cleaning completely components. That error Is only thing, i get when running PC, i can't get to desktop or anything. I also can't press anything, cause i can't plug keyboard, etc. in. If i could only travel back in time. One small mistake And it all screwed up.

ChangedNamedCz

Prominent
Jun 18, 2020
If thats the case, is it fixable? Small info, before the PC shutdown, i can for second see that my mouse Is working, that it lights for moment. But then it not working again. I called my friend to check it, hes good ať PCs, maybe i can soon help people having samé issue, but thanks for the help, tho.

ChangedNamedCz

Prominent
Jun 18, 2020
Will try, but i got through the shutdown error. Now when i turn on electricity ať the back of PC, it automatic starts, but monitor doesnt display And no beep sound, which Is my second problém. Ithink USB had flats touching side od it and thats why it happened. Anyway, the CPU fan Is running, psu fan Is running, graphic Card fan not running, but it does light And has PCI-E cable in IT. Any suggestions, please?

Pull the bios reset pin. Then unplug it and push power to make sure everything is drained of power. Then repaste the cpu. Strip any extra components and restart.

Its hard to blow a motherboard through a usb short. They use polyfuses which blow when there is too much current.

Solution

ChangedNamedCz

Prominent
Jun 18, 2020
Well, i somehow solved the starting, but here comes another problem, it wants mě to boot up. I get message Reboot And select proper boot device, at BIOS utility i set HDD as first.one, but after Asus express gate PC turns off, turns auto on, but still same error. I may can try booting from CD-ROM, i got mine Windows 7 cd, tho i use Windows 10, but i can upgrade to it later, but i will have to install everything back again. Do you know how to boot it? Its some American megatrends Inc

ChangedNamedCz

Prominent
Jun 18, 2020
Hi, just to update. Im typing this now on my pc. I gave it to my friend, no such a motherboard or PSU, etc. is damaged. If anyone got the same problem with System will shut down after 15 secs bla bla... Then make sure to just look into USB port, if some flat is touching side, if it hasn't fixed your problem, then look for professional. I had some kind of problems with RAM, and so I couldn't boot it, well, it took only 5 minutes my friend to fix it, and here it comes. I still appreciate the help you gave me, that idea with thermal paste is good, and gonna do it. ;) Goodluck, my dear pc fellow people.